WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Social Media & Community Manager, who will be responsible for the strategy, content, and management of the Social Media channels of OverTake. The position will be an important connection between the platform and the community on all social media and other interaction channels.
You, as the Social Media & Community Manager, will be based in Cologne, Germany. You will be in charge of all interaction points between OverTake and the community, most notably social media, discord, and the forum. You will be planning and creating content to flank the other activities of the platform, and also to further shape the voice of OverTake in social media and grow the following and foster interaction on all channels. You are a very creative person, who is always up to speed on current trends and knows how to bring your ideas to life. You are excellent in creating content using all relevant tools, and have an excellent touch in interacting with the other members in the community.
If you would like to be a part in shaping the future of virtual racing, have an entrepreneurial mindset and like to identify and execute solutions rather than dwelling on the problems, are always eager to learn new things and continuously work on improving yourself, and if you value working in a team of like-minded people with a passion for virtual racing – OverTake is the perfect place for you to live your dream.
WHAT YOUR TASKS ARE
- Take responsibility for all social media channels and community interaction points of the platform (incl. but not limited to Forum, Discord)
- Plan postings and activities according to the channel’s requirements and the social media as well as the platform strategy
- Align with other departments to flank and support their activities based on internal and external requirements
- Pick up trends and implement them into the social media posts of OverTake
- Draft and create the needed assets, create and schedule the posts
- Collaborate with external stakeholders for the creation of assets and posts
- Monitor and report on all relevant KPIs to stakeholders and develop a strategy to improve to meet predefined targets
- Execute and/or consult in the planning and allocation of media budgets to improve platform performance or support other KPIs and targets
- Monitor owned and earned communication to pick up topics or concerns, interact with the community and help the editorial team to identify trending topics
- Be the main point of contact for external staff interacting with the community of OverTake (Mods, Admins, Influencers etc)
- Be the representative of the OverTake community in all aspects during daily operations and strategic planning
WHAT YOU BRING ALONG
- First professional experience as a social media manager and/or in managing online communities, or other related position in marketing or communication
- University degree in marketing, communications or comparable, or further professional experience in the area
- Experience in the gaming/esports sector is a plus
- Advanced skills in content/digital asset creation tools (Photoshop, etc)
- Excellent English skills (speaking and writing)
- Flexibility to work both independently as a pro-active problem solver as well as collaborate in a cross-functional team to deliver on a common goal
- Advanced communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytic thinking with an innovative approach
- Hands-on experience as a passionate sim racer is a plus
WHAT AWAITS YOU
- A small team of passionate people who do what they love
- The possibility to be the voice of OverTake to the community
- Culture of growth and learning
- A working environment tailored to the needs of the company and the employees with the possibility of hybrid work
- Trainings according to your individual needs
- Team events and exchange with all kinds of colleagues
- Start-up mentality with the safety of a corporate
- Cool and start-up authentic working environment and equipment
WHAT COMES NEXT
If you’ve made it this far, don’t keep us waiting. Apply today by sending your Letter of Motivation, CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We are looking forward to every unique application we receive because we value both diversity and the passion that fuels us.