In their “Homestretch” series, Red Bull unites motorsports legends for a fun competition.
Reading time: 2 minutes
Starting May 14, Red Bull will unite various motorsport legends and celebrities in a fun competition. Each week, the “Homestretch” series will put together several drivers from many different classes like rallycross, IndyCar, or rally.
While competitiveness will play a role, the events are mainly about having fun, the interaction between the drivers and bringing a lot of entertainment to the viewers. Red Bull explained that “driver banter (and a little old school trash talking)” is not only allowed, “it’s strongly encouraged.”
Also, there will be sudden changes to the rules and requirements that will be applied during the events. The competition surely won’t become boring.
New line-up every week
The line-up of racing pros will change from week to week. At Homestrech, you’ll be able to see athletes race against each other who might never meet on a real race track.
The racing pros will be joined by a wildcard seat given to a “racing outsider” every week. Red Bull states the “seat could be for a celebrity like a musician, athlete or other notable personalities.”
For the first race on Thursday, there will be two wildcard seats. They will be taken by Chicago Cubs baseball star Kris Bryant and Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff.
The races will be played on GT Sport. They take place every Thursday at 12 PM EDT on Red Bull TV and the Red Bull Twitch channel. This is the line-up for the very first race of the series:
- Travis Pastrana (motocross rider and X Games winner)
- Sebastian Loeb (rally and rallycross driver)
- Timmy Hansen (rallycross driver)
- Ken Roczen (motocross and supercross racer)
- Bryce Menzies (offroad & rally athlete)
- Scott Speed (three-time global rallycross champion)
- James Hinchcliffe (IndyCar driver)
- Alexander Rossi (IndyCar driver and Indy500 winner)
- Kris Bryant (Chicaco Cubs third baseman)
- Jared Goff (Los Angeles Rams quarterback)
Teaser source: Red Bull