Codemasters release new livery for F1 2020.
Photo credit: Codemasters
New content for Codemasters’ Formula 1 2020: The developer released a new patch on Monday. Apart from fixing minor issues in the game, the update includes the new black Mercedes AMG Petronas livery.
While the patch has been deployed for PC already, console players need to be a little bit more patient. Codemasters announced that the new update will be released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One “later this week”.
We’ve just released the black @MercedesAMGF1 livery into #F12020game with patch v1.06 🖤— Codemasters (@Codemasters) July 27, 2020
PC is live now, and updates for other platforms will be arriving later this week.https://t.co/MRgoyARfwj pic.twitter.com/UsSIbnhzPH
A tribute to Black Lives Matter
Traditionally, Mercedes’ cars feature a silvery color scheme. However, at the first real F1 race after the coronavirus-related pause at the beginning of July in Austria, the fan favorite surprised with a different livery. The black design is meant as a political statement in favor of Black Lives Matter, of which Mercedes’ star pilot Lewis Hamilton is the most prominent proponent in Formula 1.
Hamilton demanded more commitment from the teams, Formula 1 and the FIA against racism, a call that was also heard by many of his fellow drivers. The British superstar shared his experience with racist discrimination in the past months, raising awareness to structural issues people of color often face.
Full patch notes
- Mercedes car and driver suits updated to the black livery.
- Fixed an issue in unranked multiplayer where a host disconnection resulted in AI having unrealistic lap times.
- Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll now wear the correct gloves.
- Fixed a progression issue in My Team career which could occur after an Invitational event.
- Fixed a progression issue in My Team career which could occur at the end of a season.
- The Savant sponsor will now correctly pay out.
- Various other stability and bug fixes.