Just a week after the latest update, Automobilista 2 v22.214.171.124 has dropped. The new patch includes changes to AI behavior in battles for position, a fix for wet tire wear and more LED flag lights.
Even after the big Le Mans update on New Year’s Eve, Reiza Studios are hard at work. Just a week after the previous version, Automobilista 2 has been updated to v126.96.36.199, featuring numerous tweaks and fixes. This includes a bug that saw wet tires wear out at an unreasonably quick rate – now, they should perform as expected.
Automobilista 2 v188.8.131.52: More Realistic AI Behavior
The new update also continues Reiza’s quest to become the go-to singleplayer sim. Multiple AI parameters have been adjusted, meaning on-track battles with them should be much more realistic. While they will not make unreasonable moves and go off track as much anymore, they should also attack and defend in a more believable way. Do not expect them to jump out of the way anymore just because you are close!
Meanwhile, the recently-introduced LED flag panels are now in working order on all grade 1 tracks in the sim. They also support local yellows and are permanently green when there are no incidents to signal. The panels also work on oval tracks as of Automobilista 2 v184.108.40.206.
Automobilista 2 v220.127.116.11 Changelog
- Added flag panel support for local yellow flags (local & full course lights now supported by all Grade 1 tracks)
- MP logs will now rotate and maintain a history of 5 files
- Fixed a rare CTD case that occurs when returning to the garage
- Fixed bug leading to designated driver helmet livery and outfit not working for low downforce & oval variants of player vehicle
- Shared Memory: Fixed mLaunchStage incorrectly declared as unsigned
UI & HUD
- Adjusted HUD engine wear colour change thresholds to better match damage model
- Added Performance screen option to enable/disable full screen pause on focus loss. (-doNotPauseOnFocusLoss switch remains available)
- IFixed ICM Cycle Button not being able to be double bound like other ICM controls
- Fixed ICM auto-close timeout not accounting for ICM Cycle inputs
- Minor tire tread adjustments for GT5, G40 Cup, F-USA (All gens). Mini JCW, F-3, F-Trainer Advanced F-Retro Gen2, F-Classic Gen3 soft compound
- Adjusted tire wear rate for GT3 (both gens), GT Open
- Adjustes tire wear rate for all wet compounds (correcting excessive wear issue suffered by most)
- Adjusted FFB for F-Reiza, F-Ultimate (both gens)
- F-USA 2023: Added AMDM model.
- Extended corridors which define the limit places AI cars can go by 1/3 of its car width to reduce chances of AI drivers stepping into grass or high curbs to a minimal
- Fixed car control not returning to player from AI teammate when returning to garage
- Adjusted speed differential thresholds to trigger overtaking & defensive moves
- Further adjustments to distances from car ahead in which AI overtaking routines kick in
- Further adjustments to how far ahead AI will factor lapped cars by
- Adjusted AI brake usage for LMDh, F3 (both models), F-Trainer (both models) GT3 (both gens), GT Open
- Daytona RC: Reduced speed boost at the bus stop chicanes causing AI to often overshoot the corner in racing conditions
- F-USA Gen3: Adjusted Ai drivers performance levels (inc. AMDM failure ratios) & increased performance levels to 3
- Adjusted Mclaren MP4/6 AI start performance
- Disabled AI start wheelspin mistakes for cars with traction controlAI calibration pass for GT5 & G40 Cup, F-3, F-Trainer Advanced, GT5
- Fixed lack of external sounds for viewed vehicle when it is very far from camera
- Formula USA Gen1-3: updated external sounds
- Added interactive flag panels / lights to Azure, Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Fontana Gateway Imola, Indianapolis, Laguna Seca, Long Beach, Nurburgring, Oulton Park, Road America, Silverstone, Spielberg, VIR, Watkins Glen
- Added local yellow support for interactive flag panels
- On oval tracks flag panels will now remain static green for the whole race unless there is a full course yellow
- Added dedicated Safety Car pitbox to Laguna Seca, Road America, Spielberg
- Cadwell Park: Fixed 3d marshals LOD range
- Laguna Seca: Fixed LOD range for 3d marshals
- Added leader lights to BMW M8 GTE
- Nissan R390 GT1: Corrected high and low downforce 3D models being swapped around
- Mini Cooper 1965: Added fully bespoke Copa Classic version conforminig to appropriate rules & using adequately modern driver outfits
- F-V10 Gen 1: Adjusted front suspension animations to correct front wheels appearing to lift slightly at higher loads from external cameras
- Corvette C8R GTE: Added cockpit windscreen banners
- Mclaren 720S GT3 EVO: Fixed cockpit bonnet mesh; Adjusted internal cockpit net vibrations; Added new cockpit lights
- Reynard 2Ki (SS/SW): Corrected angle of front winglets
- F-USA Gen3: Added Gil de Ferran (Jules de Fierro) tribute livery
Reiza, as a Brazilian studio, also included a nice tribute to one of its home country’s famous racers. Gil de Ferran unexpectedly passed away on December 29, 2023. The 2003 Indianapolis 500 winner is honored in Automobilista 2 v18.104.22.168 via a tribute livery on one of the F-USA Gen 3 cars – resembling his title-winning car of the 2000 CART season.
What are your thoughts on Automobilista 2 v22.214.171.124? Let us know on Twitter @OverTake_gg or in the comments below!