F1 Drivers full blown at home simulators ?

Marc Priestly answers a question about F1 drivers unstalling full blown race simulators at home (unfortunately it is the last viewer question he gets to!):

Magnussen doesn't bother driving simulator - but does keeping fit in the garden
Like the rest of the Formula 1 field, Kevin Magnussen is forced into coronaexile, and the start of the season has moved.
If you are a racing driver and are prevented from driving your racing car, a high-tech car simulator may well be the best alternative.

But that's not how Danish Formula 1 star Kevin Magnussen looks at it.

Due to the corona crisis, the start of the season is postponed, and Magnussen tries to kill time in a holiday home in Denmark with his wife Louise.

- There are many people running simulators, but it has never caught me much. I think it's far from driving such a simulator, one can have standing at home, to the real world, he tells TV3 Sport.

- So I don't feel it's something I will use much. It is first and foremost for me to keep the shape and keep the mood up.

That's why Kevin Magnussen also doesn't think anyone is coming out on the other side of the corona crisis with an advantage or disadvantage over others in the field because they have used their time driving sims.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 429 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 267 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.2%
Back