HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1689873804733-png.681571

A46D0054.jpg
1689873993762-png.681573

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

As voted for track of the month we're going down under to Melbourne to race on the city circuit Albert Park. It's well known for the F1 races that are held there.
1200px-Albert_Park_Circuit_2021.svg.png

Go to the FWD vs RWD series using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
Useful Links:
Entry list (tab entrants)

Last edited:
This track is quickly becoming my Brands Hatch. I'm about 2 seconds off pace, no matter what I try.

Does anyone have any tips to combat the understeer in the Mazda? Like, does this track require some specific setup settings or should I just adjust my driving style?

I personally soften the front and stiffen the back, but I like a gentle onbrake oversteer aka "Rotation"
OK, that has helped a bit. Thanks for the resource. Can't really seem to get a good balance though. It's either oversteering or understeering, even with the slightest of changes. I'll try again tomorrow.

I wish I could make it feel more like I'm driving around Kleine Nordschleife or most other tracks. But maybe it's due to how the track surface differs between tracks? Like how there was zero grip at Prinzen park. Is there any way to check what the grip levels are of a track?

I wish I could make it feel more like I'm driving around Kleine Nordschleife or most other tracks. But maybe it's due to how the track surface differs between tracks? Like how there was zero grip at Prinzen park. Is there any way to check what the grip levels are of a track?

Other than by the numbers given by AC?
I actually don´t know.

You could check your gas/brake application for smootheness, when you "drive the wheight transfer" you need to be gentle.
This might help:

I've been looking for an app like that for a while! Only found ones you have to pay for.

Did some searching around and found out every track has a surfaces.ini file in the data folder of a track. This tells you the friction levels (among other things) of every surface found on the track.
Looks like the road on Albert Park has a friction level of 0.99, compared to 1 for Kleine Nordschleife. So I guess it's a "me" problem after all :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back