Graphic bug when starts raining online

Hi
I noticed im not the only one with this problem, judging by comments on server's chat but wasnt able to pinpoint the issue. LAC servers with weather, for example - when people vote for rain and it starts raining, my screen goes full crazy mode like black haze all over the display, only overlay (instruments, chat, map etc) is correct, everything else is glitched-to-black. Will take screenshot next time but whoever seen this happening will immediately know what I refer to.

Disabling Weather-FX helps but it doesnt explain the problem, plus loosing all other features when this is off.
I have Rain FX disabled in CSP (GPU cant handle it but it does work).

Tried to replicate the issue offline - not a problem, it just doesnt rain but clouds go dark, lightning strikes etc.

Why it happens only online and what particular setting in Weather FX is causing it? doesnt make much sense to me, did anybody find walkaround this?

CSP 1.77, Sol 2.2 and 2.2.1 (tried on both)

Last edited:
"when people vote for rain" ... So you're not using the vanilla acserver but the modded one with the required plugin. So best place to find an answer is in the discord of this modded server.

Yes, custom server with weather, AI traffic etc. Didnt think to check discord actually, thanks, thought its foremostly related to my personal settings but indeed worth checking there.

EDIT That might be it... will check and report if worked for any future readers:
"Users with Sol or Pure have reported graphical glitches (parts of the screen either completely nuclear white or pitch black). If this is happening to you install Sol 2.2 beta 4 or higher or use base weather fx: Set Settings > Custom Shaders Patch > Weather FX > Controller Script / Weather Script to Default controller / implementation"

Last edited:
To anybody with similar problem - found fix atleast for myself. In my case, weather script was still reporting SOL 2.1 for some reason, unsure if installed wrong or something else but i did fresh SOL 2.2.1 installation and tested server with rain while it was raining and voila - works OK now. (I cant see rain as its disabled but shy is dark and gloomy and no artifacts).

The solution in post above with "default controller" is equal to disabling Weather FX as you are loosing all weather scripts so thats just a patch, not cure.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.6%