AC GT3 @ Brands Hatch - Sun 06May18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@1:05:17 @1:41:10 @1:48:43 when the game says "you want to win? f*ck you then!" anyone knows why those lag spikes happen they also happen when I'm not streaming or recording, this is the first time it has robbed a win from me.

@1:05:17 @1:41:10 @1:48:43 when the game says "you want to win? f*ck you then!" anyone knows why those lag spikes happen they also happen when I'm not streaming or recording, this is the first time it has robbed a win from me.
That is very strange. I have pretty low end PC and stuff like that doesn't happen. Maybe you should lower some settings, just check what causes this spike CPU or GPU.

Maybe, just maybe... you are just TOO fast for the game to render it all :)

Respect for you driving though... impressive damn!
So many times you take such different lines lol. But it pays off for sure....

Stupid about the issue though. But seems more like a pc error rather then just some server issue or your connection.

You could try and run with apps off perhaps, or update them.

Really great and clean race, unlucky Henri on the spin (that out of pit battle was just amazing). I was wondering what happened when I saw you on the grass :-(

Also great overtakes by Wolff and Eugene at Hawthorn bend, those were really scary but all worked out well :D

Here is the replay for anyone who had issues recording it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x451RgZTEVuQNC-u6y4rGsWhFSuTtB6Y/view?usp=sharing

As usual, here is my onboard:

Last edited:
Great race indeed!

I can learn plenty from these 2 videos here :) And i need to learn, because I was like 2 seconds a lap slower...

While i thought i used "all" the track width... these fast guys take it still one step more far. Thats just one thing I should improve... so much more to learn, but every 0:0001 is so rewarding :)

But for starting again since a week now, i had pretty bad Q, but in the race I managed to overtake some and finished 9th, AND didnt crash, thats also something for a one hour race.

For me probably the most important thing is to accept that most people here are already sim racing much longer than me, and so i should probably not compare my times to theirs.

Another great race at Brands Hatch, Finished 4th which is a personal best for me, I wasn't the fastest but my consistency paid off in the end only having two minor spins in the entire race thanks to my Porsche's very bouncy front end when laden with fuel. Thanks as always to the organisers, looking forward to next week! :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 387850

Phew.. that was probably the toughest race I’ve driven! I decided to start the race on mediums with a full tank of fuel, aiming to run them for the whole race and just stop for the minimum 1 litre of fuel. I got a good start but then lost places as I struggled to get heat into the tyres. A couple of mistakes saw me dead last, but I knew I was going to have a quick pit stop so thought I’d better stick with it. Sure enough by the time the pit stops had worked themselves out I was up to 10th without having to pass a single car on track. Unfortunately I got into a vicious cycle with the tyre wear causing my lap times to drop, which in turn caused my temps to drop, so as other drivers caught me I could put up little to no fight.

I’m curious to know what strategy everyone else went for? Looking at the post race results a lot more drivers took medium tyres than I thought. Did anyone else run the whole race without changing tyres and a full tank?

Personally I just don’t think I’m a quick enough to run mediums in a race. I’m just not fast enough to maintain the temperature in them which makes things very difficult. In future I think I’ll take softs and a half tank with a stop at the 30min mark!

Phew.. that was probably the toughest race I’ve driven! I decided to start the race on mediums with a full tank of fuel, aiming to run them for the whole race and just stop for the minimum 1 litre of fuel. I got a good start but then lost places as I struggled to get heat into the tyres. A couple of mistakes saw me dead last, but I knew I was going to have a quick pit stop so thought I’d better stick with it. Sure enough by the time the pit stops had worked themselves out I was up to 10th without having to pass a single car on track. Unfortunately I got into a vicious cycle with the tyre wear causing my lap times to drop, which in turn caused my temps to drop, so as other drivers caught me I could put up little to no fight.

I’m curious to know what strategy everyone else went for? Looking at the post race results a lot more drivers took medium tyres than I thought. Did anyone else run the whole race without changing tyres and a full tank?

Personally I just don’t think I’m a quick enough to run mediums in a race. I’m just not fast enough to maintain the temperature in them which makes things very difficult. In future I think I’ll take softs and a half tank with a stop at the 30min mark!

As someone commented during qualy , tires were pretty much impossible to cool down , so once they were a bit too hot , there was no way back. I suffered with the medium tires and 75 % tank or so, then I completely hamilton my soft tires after the pitstop on 2-3 laps and the race was over.

I still need soooo much practice to have a chance on these endurance / longer races , but it was fun , and I'm still mindblown every time first turn does not mean shitshow cause y'all were super clean :inlove:

• Deleted member 387850

As someone commented during qualy , tires were pretty much impossible to cool down , so once they were a bit too hot , there was no way back. I suffered with the medium tires and 75 % tank or so, then I completely hamilton my soft tires after the pitstop on 2-3 laps and the race was over.

Yep, it looks like the softs were tough going as well! So you had a choice of either pushing hard to keep the temp in the mediums or driving smoothly to keep the heat out of the softs!

Would any of the other 650S drivers, maybe @octochris or @Rob Sharp, be willing to share their setup with me? I ended up running default except for tyre pressure but I really found the car a handful in the race!

Phew.. that was probably the toughest race I’ve driven!
When WEC Multiclass race comes again, try that with LMP
proTyres tells me medium grip 11 laps and low grip 19 laps for softs so I don't understand how soft tyre was even viable choice for race.
My strategy was mediums at start with 55 liters of fuel and pit on lap 22 for another set of mediums and 48 liters of fuel.
Personally I just don’t think I’m a quick enough to run mediums in a race. I’m just not fast enough to maintain the temperature in them which makes things very difficult.
This means practice! practice! practice!

Yes, I ran one set of mediums the whole race, just adding 1l in the pits. One thing you should bear in mind: optimum pressure is much more important than temperature, especially in AC. No matter how fast you are going, you should be able to adjust the base tyre pressures to your needs -- if they were always too low/high, just knock them up or down a notch (bearing in mind the effect of temps on pressure). Take a look at my onboard (posted above) to see the pressures/temps throughout the race.

For my driving style at least, the softs became completely destroyed at lap 14, and the mediums were close enough on pace that I couldn't justify a 2 stop race.

Last edited:
Yep, it looks like the softs were tough going as well! So you had a choice of either pushing hard to keep the temp in the mediums or driving smoothly to keep the heat out of the softs!

Would any of the other 650S drivers, maybe @octochris or @Rob Sharp, be willing to share their setup with me? I ended up running default except for tyre pressure but I really found the car a handful in the race!

Sure I'll send you a copy in the next couple of days, when I'm around on my PC, setup is based on someone else's though just with a couple of tweaks to try and get the rear in check.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%