MGP20 How do you pick the right tyre compound in MotoGP 20?

In MotoGP 19 I would monitor tyre degradation in practice and would end up with mix of soft and mediums for the most races.
Now, in MotoGP 20 there's barely any degradation on softs and I can finish every 35% distance race with soft tyres not even going bellow 50% degradation.
Should I keep on using softs or should I look into track temperature or some other indicators?

I'm finding the opposite.
The recommendation was for soft tires, I had nothing left by lap 4.
It's going to player specific, temperature and track will dictate what tires I'll use.
Assen for me is a nightmare on tires!

Each motorcycle and way of piloting influence the degradation if you do not turn well, the tire does not degrade, it does not have the best grip, although I made a better lap in the first I like to slide more this is how to eliminate tc

I'm using realistic mode without help, tire wear is pretty good, front wheel is hotter, and rear wheel is sometimes not the right temperature, but fuel I haven't checked. Well in this game there are many failures if you start looking but it is fun.

What settings are you guys playing on ?
On "realistic" consumption, fuel and tyres are gonna behave as if you were racing full distance (even if you are not).
You may want to check if you are set on "proportionate".

I have that option set on proportionate. Fuel consumption is fine, but tryres wear out really slow and I am not a someone who rides smoothly and takes care of his tyres :)

I am completing the challenges and also each track is different, the tire wear, for example in Aragon, is a bit strange with a medium and hard rubber on the rear wheel and with a full tank of fuel I cannot finish the race in first place because the fuel runs out, the only way to end is with soft rubber behind, although the grip with any rubber is good, another strange thing is that the temperature indicator with hard or medium hardly increases, it seems that there is no temperature , but the wear must exist even if it is not perceived, theoretically it should slide more so that the fuel runs out

Last edited:
Over the course of the historical challenges, we are learning what type of rubber to use and how to use it along with the power control to avoid running out of fuel or tires at the end of the race as happened here at Casey Stoner's house, where unstoppable.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 421 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.7%
Back