Hypothesis = What hardware does it require to run the max amount of AI in ACC?

As the title says, I would like to know - if it can - what kind of hardware you would need to run the max amount of AI in ACC and still get 60fps at 1080p. Working towards a shopping list for the new PC. Preferably would stick with Intel if possible, but for now it's brainstorming.

I recently upgraded my PC with a new CPU and mobo.
I currently have a i7 9700k cpu (not overclocked), 32 GB RAM and a "normal" nVidia GTX 1080
I can run SPA with 49 opponents keeping FPS over 60 using a 21:9 monitor.
Before, with an intel i7 4970k, my car limit was about 33/34.

I've heard for AI number, the graphics side does not matter, it's just the cpu doing the calculations. I have the same cpu caepinus owns and can run spa and suzuka with 49AI and maybe a wee hiccup once a lap, like a little flicker/stoppage, nothing that would disturb the game or lead to an off track. It's far more important to close background processes and stuff, to have as few other calculations running on the cpu. I never check for fps, but the image looks smooth enough to me. My graphics card is a gtx 1060 6gb, but as I said, don't think this matters at all for how smooth AI run (actually already with that card I can run max oponents visible with almost all settings to high or epic).

Good, so a decent 9th gen Intel will do. Afaik 49 AI is the limit in ACC since they brought it up from 29? I can't possibly follow all the news, but any chance ACC will push it to the full grid?

I remember at first they said it wasn't possible, or would require top end hardware, but enough water seems to have flown to the sea that it's by now possible maybe?

Not sure if it's still the case but, for most tracks, the max number of AI used to depend on the number of pit boxes at the specific location.
Yep, where the important bit is "coded" grid boxes, so some tracks like Monza have massive amounts of space in real life but only a meager 28 in the game. In one of the posts months back I collected the numbers, also lateron for the DLC, never tried out whether they have been changed, can't remember it saying so in any realease notes, though.So Nürburg is probably still 29 just as Misano and Hungaro probably has the 26 slots and always the one more for the player's car.

I have no clue about how this is coded, but if it were easy, I bet they'd have implemented it ages ago. Especially at tracks like Paul Ricard it really takes away a lot of the endurance feeling to only be able to run32+1 car rather than a full grid almost double the size. It made me not do any more events longer than 1h after I'd done two or three and frankly got bored after some time: too few cars on the street, no yellows because AI are too polite, after 30 mins it was basically hotlapping or having one AI within earshot to the front, one to the back.

Thats a shame. I share your opinion. For offline experience I think this is the last major point I am missing.
I hope there will be some kind of physics calculation simplification for lower tier cars to allow increase in grid sizes.
But I guess this is not very simple to implement and its not priority.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 475 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 139 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 182 26.8%
Back