Issues

Now, ive not played racer in about 2 years, so, the last version i would of run was about 0.7.8 or something...

Now, ive downloaded the latest Racer, aswell as an Old version of racer (0.8.8 and 0.8.5)

Both games load, but brings me a black screen after its loaded the game start.

QLOG shows...

Sun Feb 07 17:21:05 (INFO): --- application start ---
Sun Feb 07 17:21:05 (ERR): DFBOTexture; frameBuffer status not complete (Unsupported framebuffer format)
Sun Feb 07 17:21:07 (WARN): DFBOTexture: your hardware only supports 8 samples; reducing requested 16
Im using an XFX Nvidia 7900GS Card, had it for about 3 years and ive never had any issues with older versions of racer.

ive downloaded the DLL pack off racer.nl and still nothing, is there anything else i need?

The "WARN" is the problem, I think - even though Racer says it's reducing 16 to 8, it doesn't manage it.

In racer.ini the mirror has "fbo_samples=16" in 0.8.5 as far as I know, which needs to be reduced to 8 (it's fine with even less, the mirror just looks less nice. I use 2).

Or your card might just not support FBO methods enough, you have to adjust this in racer.ini motion_blur {} section. Try setting method=0 (drastic measure, turns off all fbo use which may look bad), or samples=0. The auto_exposure can also be a problem, I'd set that to enable=0.

Cheers for that, it Seems the problem was "method=4" under motion blur, i set it to 1 (Open GL) and it loaded a treat! Still a couple of issues on some tracks regarding Alpha transparency by the looks of it, Carlswood being the main suspect.

RACER does not recognize my wheel/pedals controller ( a Guillemot Thrustmaster Ferrari GT experience) in Linux (Ubuntu 9.04), although the systems sees it ok. with jscalibrator.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 412 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 281 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.4%
Back