New to RF2 -steering assist

Running a simucube 2 pro and tried a couple different cars mainly V8 super cars and F1 car,
both seem to have some kind of steering assist. ive turned off all assist in settings and also double checked with hotkeys Ie F1 etc and makes no difference. if I head into a corner too hot and the rear of the car starts to slide out if automatically corrects it for me , very annoying .

Any suggestions , ive checked all the options multiple times but guessing I'm missing something .

Cheers

Ryan

There is 'some' self centering from the rF2 tire, but usually not enough to pull a slide back.
To verify you don't have driving aids turned on, go to the assign controls and click on the last icon, driving & UI. Down on the left hand column is an option called Driving Aids. Assign that to a button and then save your controller profile(with a new name). Next drive the car but don't leave the pits/garage. Just start the car and then press the key you assigned to Driving Aids. Nothing should be highlighted. Steering aid is often on due to it defaulting to the F1 key which is near the ESC key.(fat fingers hit the wrong key sometimes)
To prevent accidental key presses, I go back to the assign screen and disable almost all of the F key functions. (steering, Invulnerability, brake help, stability etc.)

Thanks Davehenrie, i did that and I could see which aids where selected , only ones i had was clutch .
very odd. its almost like it knows the cars about to step out and corrects it .

Thanks Davehenrie, i did that and I could see which aids where selected , only ones i had was clutch .
very odd. its almost like it knows the cars about to step out and corrects it .
What kind of correcting is it doing?

I have an SC2P, as well, and if you have it on higher strengths, the natural rotation of the wheels into the direction of travel when the backend steps out might be enough strength to make you mistake it for an assist.

I don't feel any odd behaviour in rF2 on my SC2P different from other sims like ACC/iR/AMS2.

Traction Control might also give you the odd feeling that it's correcting itself. It might feel odd since you can't feel the forward/backward jutter of TC toggling when the tires lose grip on the backend.

Good idea first select F1-F12 and hit ESC for each to clear them, you can then use for camera settings
I use F1-F4 for seat and F5-F8 fov and tilt
Same for numbers if you don't online you don't need 1,2 or 3 ( voting ) etc.

Make sure in controller settings that "Exaggerate Yaw" is 0% or + not -80% ( minus) ...it is a bug I forget what from old player or controller files I think
That can make it feel like car is turning

oh thanks Durge ill check that too now. other wise hope this explains it
sorry i know its hard to see etc and make out what im feeling

cheers
Ryan

Is this FVR V8Supercars (I have 2020) mod at Bathurst 1.02?

I think I feel what you're feeling and I suspect it might come down to the mod aggressive steering behaviour.

Another possibility is the backend on these Supercars is so loose when they step out the friction from the road surface will turn the front tires. Because the backend is so loose it can feel like a 'force' assist.

Compared to other cars it doesn't feel like an assist to me. It feels like it's doing what a car should do when the backend steps out.

Okay, I feel it now lol I updated to the 2021 cars and found your Red Bull car and yeah it feels crazy.

But I still don't think it's an assist, unless they accidentally left an assist in the mod, it just feels like overly aggressive steering behaviour.

I wonder if aggressive Toe-in or Caster could also make it feel this tip-toey on the front end.

We should have advised you to test with official S397 content first. That way we could isolate a problem with your wheel or with the mod(as it now seems). Whenever you have some issue with the feel or performance etc of a car, make sure you try and duplicate it with standard cars. Just don't use the AMG Mercedes GT3 car, that one is kinda an oddball with how it communicates ffb. But just about any other stock/default S397 car should help rule out if it's a systemic problem.

Okay, I feel it now lol I updated to the 2021 cars and found your Red Bull car and yeah it feels crazy.

But I still don't think it's an assist, unless they accidentally left an assist in the mod, it just feels like overly aggressive steering behaviour.

I wonder if aggressive Toe-in or Caster could also make it feel this tip-toey on the front end.
Ok thanks heaps . Thought I was going a little mad haha . Ok I'll try another car . And try and get it feeling a bit more normal . Thanks again for your help .

Cheers

Ryan

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 444 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 277 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 295 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 26.9%
Back