rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup @ Queensland - Friday 13th May 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great racing :)

Quali 1: Very close for the top 6. Managed to sneak 3rd at the end. :)

Race 1: Made a good start and was still 3rd in turn 1. At the exit of 2, I ran wide slightly and Lenno drove past me. I spent several laps sniffing his exhaust pipe looking for a way through but couldn't manage it and then he ran wide at the exit of turn 1. He hit the wall hard and flew back towards the track. My heart was in my mouth but he somehow stopped the car from flying across the track and into my car. Now up to 3rd and I chased after Anders. Slowly closed up on him and Simone and with 10 minutes to go, Simone spins and Anders collects him. I slip down the inside and into the lead, 5 seconds ahead of Sergio. I took it carefully towards the end just to make sure of the win, but the guys behind were closing. :)

Quali 2: Another close quali and sneaked 3rd again at the end.

Race 2: Jumped Gary off the line but ran wide at the exit of turn 1. I managed to keep it out of the wall but in doing so, the car flew across the track. Luckily everyone avoided me and I got going again in last. Overtook Lee as he was building sandcastles at turn 3 and made my way up to 5th but several mistakes meant I couldn't catch up to Sergio in 4th.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Despite the small grid the racing was very good after the solo lapping of the Nords last week,this track was well suited to our grid of 9,hehe yea,race one...i was just starting to settle and push in on Anders and Simone in front when disaster struck at the exit of T1,i made the same mistake a couple of times in practice and all it done was slow the car down,but in the race as soon as my front left touched the gravel the steering went full left lock and fired the car in to the wall (fast),i wasnt even aware it bounced back on track really,tried to continue but the car died at the side of the track.
Race 2 was a long hard chase on Simone for the win,near the mid point of the race i moved in for the attack and eventually worked a pass,but with a couple of laps to go Simone put a big move on down at the hairpin,i saw and heard him coming in hot and knew he couldnt make the turn,so eased up and gave way with a switchback plan in mind,but we ended up so out wide and slow i couldnt get the traction on exit,i pushed on for a last chance effort,but it didnt happen.
Grats Adz and Simone and good show from all there,PCC still one of the best feeling and driving mods for rF.

Thank You Lee/Adz & RD

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 497 68.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 307 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 331 45.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 160 22.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 26.8%
Back