This sound is too much for me, it needs to go.

I get it, when you go past the rev limit you can get damage. The SF70h seems to get this from downshifting even when the shifts seem to be done correctly. Why does this damage come and go for periods of time during a session while on track. It happens with the original sound and the MegaPack sounds. Why does it persist when restarting a session as it happened in this video.

Check your pedal calibration, maye clean the potentiometers. The stuttering can come either from the throttle or clutch.

Engines in AC don't stutter with damage. They loose power with damage and shut off when damaged 100%.

Last edited:
I take it the clutch isn't assinged at all and you user auto clutch? I'd recommend checking the pedals in game with the pedal app, just to be sure the clutch doesn't interfere.

The only other thing I can think of is an old bug where for whatever reason the handbrake was suddenly mapped on the same axis a the throttle, leading to weird behaviour, although I don't know if that would even apply to the modern F1 cars.

Edit: If it's only cars with hybrid systems maybe there is an issue there. Do the LMP1 cars behave the same?

Last edited:
Just to say, that was a full throttle acceleration out of the pit! Tough to drive though while holding the camera, a replay did not indicate the stuttering motor as much at all.

I have used DLview to check if any other inputs were affecting it, throttle is smooooth and no dropping off at full. That was checked again today. Also checked again today was driving with the pedal app showing, as I did the other day though it wasn't on when I did the vid.

Todays session was the first I've had in a long time (of course) when I could not get this to happen no matter how I revved or downshifted hard. It was a thrill to be able to drive and push without having to fight this gremlin.

Having said that, I just drove again at another track and it happened again. I spun at a hairpin and had to get up for moment to "check" on the dogs, when I got back it happened after going back to the pit. Pedal app was on and there seems to be no problem with he pedal and again DLview looks good.

Did it again after restarting the session twice and after changing the track! Changed car to a GT2 and track no problem, back to the SF70 and problem instantly returned!

This has also happened with the 2004 Ferrari, the F138 and the SF15-t. I rarely drive the F1 cars and usually only the SF70h except as when an F1 event is being run and only doing setup and hotlaps. I have run in RD events using the Toyota and I cannot remember ever having a problem with it. I can never remember it being a problem with any of the other cars or ever when using ACC or AMS.

Last edited:
When driving, the clutch does not put through an output, it's reading is constant, no change, no variation. It's only during use that it jitters its way through the resistor to disengage or engage.

I don't race the F1 cars, I drive them, There's no need for an accurate clutch operation if it only gets used to spin the car back around to the correct direction on the track.

I haven't had time to drive today, I'll do some laps soon.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 479 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 143 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 185 27.0%
Back