Unable to assign controls to my pedal and wheel... crazy axes!

SOLVED... If possible, please delete this post.
The solution is very simple: start the GTR2 game in window mode and is possible reassign various controls at steering wheel and pedals set :thumbsup:
I want to clarify that I arrived at this solution by chance, after countless attempts.

Last edited:
Congrats glad you found it

These days windowed mode doesn't carry any disadvantages vs full screen mode that I know of so I always run everything in windowed mode now

Use the Borderless Gaming app to remove borders and the task bar to mimick 'full screen windowed' mode.

Shovas thanks for the info... do you know by chance how I can do so that the rotation of the steering wheel in the game corresponds to the exact rotation of real steering wheel? Because I notice a certain difference between the crown of my steering wheel and the "virtual" one that appears in the game.
P.S.: Borderless Gaming v9.5.6 work with triple screen system too?

Last edited:
Shovas thanks for the info... do you know by chance how I can do so that the rotation of the steering wheel in the game corresponds to the exact rotation of real steering wheel? Because I notice a certain difference between the crown of my steering wheel and the "virtual" one that appears in the game.

GTR2 doesn't support anything but 240deg of in-game wheel rotation. Personally, I set my physical wheel to 240deg so it matches perfectly with the in-game rotation. It's a little weird at first but not too weird and you get used to it quickly and the sense of immersion is worth it.

There is another work-around using Crew Chief (which I'd recommend regardless) where there's a special configuration parameter to have it track your physical wheel rotation 1:1 up to 240deg in-game even if your physical wheel is set to more than 240deg (ie. like 900deg). I believe once you go past 240deg on your physical wheel the in-game wheel will stop at 240deg but at least it's 1:1 up until that point.

P.S.: Borderless Gaming v9.5.6 work with triple screen system too?

Yes, I used to have triples and ran Borderless Gaming with them with GTR2. Worked fine, as I recall.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 496 68.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 305 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 329 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 160 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 26.9%
Back