USB connect/disconnect - every USB disconnect with no reason

Hey guys

While playing ASSETTO (&other games) all my USB devices just shut down for 15secs even my speackers.... that's really annoying i thought it was my PSU dead so i changed it but still the issue... I even Re installed W11 2 times

May you guys give me a hand ?

Best regards

Long shot, have you tried unticking the box all USB devices have in device manager.
"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Untitled 1.jpg

I would suggest to check all tower connections, USB leads and ports for any loose ones.
Windows log files should tell you something, alas I have never had need to use them.

You could try running a sim in a window.
Start device manager beside the sim and expand the HID section and anything else has issues.

Drive your sim and when the USB drops out look across at device manager you should see some indication of a issue ie: port goes red , etc.

More info on your setup may help.
Basic tower info
Ports used , USB if hub used
etc.

Last edited:
Hey guys

While playing ASSETTO (&other games) all my USB devices just shut down for 15secs even my speackers.... that's really annoying i thought it was my PSU dead so i changed it but still the issue... I even Re installed W11 2 times

May you guys give me a hand ?

Best regards
What's your mainboard? I've bought a Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X with lots of USB's because I wasn't happy with the USB-stability with my former MSI-boards. The board also comes with another optional 4-pin, so 12-pin total ATX-connection and since I'm powering it, I have no issues with USB despite running dozens including GS-5, G-Belt, 2 soundcards and Pimax 8KX.

Last edited:
I have had issues on my Gigabyte Z690, if you look this up online you'll find this and some of the 700 series boards seem to have a problem with USB disconnections. I tracked mine down using USB Device Tree Viewer and USBLogView. Mine was caused by a default device called ITE USB Input Device - HID which comes on the board and I think its misbehaving on power transitions occasionally but alas various drivers have not resolved it and I disabled the device and it now only occasionally causes me issues if it somehow awakes itself which it seems to about twice a week. Alas Gigabyte has been utterly useless at taking bug reports so I'm stuck with it.

USBLogView will tell you which device initiated the problem anyway if you just leave it running while you sim. The first device on the disconnection list will be the cause and then its just a question of how to fix it. The tree view allows you to get a lot more information on the device to identify it.

Good luck.

I have had issues on my Gigabyte Z690, if you look this up online you'll find this and some of the 700 series boards seem to have a problem with USB disconnections.
Do you use the additional power-connection marked in yellow or not? I first didn't use it and had the usual issues with USB. Since the board gets the additional juice all is running fine despite a very demanding Pimax 8KX came to the mix. Maybe just coincidence, but I doubt it...

Attachments

• Gigabyte-Z690.png
    Gigabyte-Z690.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 61
Do you use the additional power-connection marked in yellow or not? I first didn't use it and had the usual issues with USB. Since the board gets the additional juice all is running fine despite a very demanding Pimax 8KX came to the mix. Maybe just coincidence, but I doubt it...
Yes I do have the connector in that plug. Its not that.

I use a Pico 3 Link and that uses a fibre connection for the link cable and also has a separate power brick that goes into so its power comes from that rather than the port. Both my hubs are powered as is my DAC, so I really don't have anything on it pulling power that doesn't get its own directly from a power brick other than a keyboard and mouse.

The main give away there is something wrong with the ITE device is if its disabled I have no issues, if its left enabled I get issues every time.

Just to drop in some info:
A friend of mine has a Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X and also weird USB drop outs. Mostly his DAC and FFB freezing for a tenth of a second without causing major issues apart from being super annoying.

He finally bought a MSI Z690 mobo now and will report back over the next few days if the issue is gone or not and then send in the GB board under warranty.

Hi all!

I finally found my issue ; I got some socket pins broken, those one were used to manage intraconnection power supply of USB.

That was hard to troubleshoot but those who got the same probleme please check you ins form MB socket/CPU

Thank you for your time guys :inlove:

It is working charmly now

Attachments

• IMG_7074.jpg
    IMG_7074.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 75

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 506 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 311 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 333 45.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 164 22.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 198 26.8%
Back