1937 Auto Union Type C

Cars 1937 Auto Union Type C 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yeah thats definitely not normal, I wish I had any idea how this is happening and how to stop it, I've never seen anything like it. Looks to be displaying the Ext_decals texture over the top.

I'd suggest trying to delete the files and reinstall the mod, though it seems you installed it correctly considering the car boots. Are you running stock vanilla AC, no CSP mod or anything?
I'm using the latest version of CSP (0.1.38) and SOL but I have tried 1.36 & 1.37 just to make sure its not CSP messing things up but I get the same issue.
I have also tried to install with CM and normally but nothing seems to works.
Considering I know nothing about modding and it might be a terrible idea but what if I try to remove Ext_decals?

I'm using the latest version of CSP (0.1.38) and SOL but I have tried 1.36 & 1.37 just to make sure its not CSP messing things up but I get the same issue.
I have also tried to install with CM and normally but nothing seems to works.
Considering I know nothing about modding and it might be a terrible idea but what if I try to remove Ext_decals?
If possible, could you test with CSP turned off entirely just to rule that out?

And regarding removing the texture, its not really something you can do. Its packed into the kn5, its used for the bonnet logo (as well as the cockpit decals)

1580148238381.png

This is the texture, which is what AC is somehow overlaying onto your screen:

unknown.png

If possible, could you test with CSP turned off entirely just to rule that out?

And regarding removing the texture, its not really something you can do. Its packed into the kn5, its used for the bonnet logo (as well as the cockpit decals)
Well I guess it was worth an idea...
It seems to be a CSP issue indeed. I turned CSP off and the problem is gone.
Although AC without CSP just seems wrong to me after all this time using it.
I guess ill try fiddle with CSP settings, maybe something will fix it.

Well I guess it was worth an idea...
It seems to be a CSP issue indeed. I turned CSP off and the problem is gone.
Although AC without CSP just seems wrong to me after all this time using it.
I guess ill try fiddle with CSP settings, maybe something will fix it.
Yeah CSP does some weird and wonderful things...

Perhaps its something to do with the optimisation settings.

Ok Gary i change my mind, you car is awesome, please apologize im idiot.

This car have some thing special for me, we need more tracks for this 30's beast.
No worries, glad you are enjoying it now. Maybe you can reevaluate the review you left :roflmao:

Also I know they aren't quite the correct period, but be sure to try these tracks with this car, they are a great fit imo:

No, not at all, sorry. It was mearly an appreciation of Gary's response, which I thought was perfectly reasonable.

I certainly have no plans to make AVUS, ever. I can't think of a less interesting track to either make or use.

Can I ask how you adjust the driver height for this car? In FOV it only allows you to get nearer or further away. Hope there is a way as currently I cannot see over the dash and I really want to drive this car

Can I ask how you adjust the driver height for this car? In FOV it only allows you to get nearer or further away. Hope there is a way as currently I cannot see over the dash and I really want to drive this car
You can, with the ingame app called "Onboard Settings", use that whilst in the cockpit view (not the dash cam that is poorly positioned which I apologise for) so move the view wherever you like :)

873d93891b50b06c55236c7599377422.gif

I've noticed a few technical inaccuracies with this car; the fuel tank is 25 litres too large and the car overall is 157kg overweight.
Please list your sources, I'm fairly sure those are not incorrrect.
I have a document listing the Type C starting line weight as 1138 to 1158kg (numbers seen below listed in "cwt"), so that is the car with all fluids, driver, potentially full fuel tank etc, not the usual dry weight you find online. Remove a potential fuel mass of 169kg (225 litres) and it brings you pretty close to the weight of the car in AC (982kg).

1589116351628.png

1589116381013.png

Last edited:
https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/spec/872/Auto-Union-Type-C.html - Weight listed is without driver, so add 75KG for AC driver weight.
Main article also lists a maximum unladen weight limit of 750kg for GP cars of the era

http://www.kolumbus.fi/leif.snellman/c3.htm Slight correction; only 15 litres too large based on the Type A and Type B, both cars having 210 litre tanks.
Yeah sorry, ultimatecarpage isnt known for being a reliable source for that kind of thing, I'd much rather stick to my own sources of dedicated books and technical reports over that.
That 750kg number is completely useless as it measures the car without a lot of things you'd need to actually drive, like tyres etc. Not useful at all.

And this is a Type C, so A/B fuel tank capacity isn't relevant. Read the sourced I posted above.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 65 87.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 23 31.1%