rF2 1973 Formula Ford @ Vitus Parc Club - Friday 24th June, 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
it's my first time here, what is the server address, how can I find it? thanks

edit: I found the server, started the race in 4th I think, but crashed on the second lap,
after that I think I have lost connection :(

Another nice Mod.

Had a good evening tonight even if Race 2 did end a little prematurely, ended up watch the rest of the field, first Bob and Stuart, then James and Hubert.

Race 1 went well and nearly had James on the last lap, but he just beat me as we wnt side by side for the line, slight contact but all cool.

Race 2 started at the back of the random grid and I think we all got round unscathed, had a bit of power oversteer on the drag down to the hairpin, hit the wall and lost rear wheel, nose, and engine dead.

Cheers Stu for another good event and thanks to those who turned up

fortunately the second race lasted much longer,
I had a not so great start (but much better than in the first race!), but was able to keep 4th or 5th after starting in 3rd, after a few laps I was following very closely another car, which unfortunately lost control and I crashed in it, loosing some seconds (5-10?), and doing a slightly damage to the car (nose, steering), after that it was a bit lonely and I drove until the end in the 1.18s, near the end I passed a car with 3 wheels, and finished in 2nd some 20s behind the leader...

it was my first online rfactor race, I really enjoyed this mod,
thanks for the race and to all the other drivers, it was great fun.

R1: Down to 4 runners, one a lap behind, after 5 minutes. LOL.
Lost wheel about half way, pit boys wouldn't touch it, limped around for the bottom of the podium. HOHO.

R2: I got mullered. (See what I did there?)

Cheers Thomson.

Must say that I am upset with my start in race 1 which caused Stu problems, if he has not had enough of his share of bad luck lately. I think I have the start problem solved from here on in.
Race 1. I never lasted much more than a lap when a collison with another car killed the engine, but you know I really did have very important work that needed immediate attention and that accident let me get at it.

Race 2. As I finished my work and sat down to the computer the second race was just starting. I ended up in pole from a random start and lost it on the first lap at the downhill S turn at a spot where I seldom have trouble but the pressure of the moment got me. I really didn't belong there. Anyway I settled in the steady drive and finished in 4 th position without having to pass a soul and collected a lead metal.

Fun as always. Thanks Stu for your tireless effort, Wd to podiums and a double win for James and cheers to all drivers.

Nothing much to say really as I had a bad night. Was very tired after 2 looooong days @ work which all came to a head for this club race. As race 1 finished very early for me I was looking forward to race 2 to put things right. It was all going well until lap 14 when a lapse of concentration put my into the wall @ T1, all over.

Thanks T. Wd James on your wins.

Must say i jumped in at the last second seeing some familiar Rfactor faces and thought to give this a go.

First race i killed it quickly after a great start. Under the tension of james who was coming back closer and closer in 2 laps i braked into the grass after start finish flew by. Left wheel broken, race over.

Second race had some great fighting with James, both sneaking in and out gaps from eachother.
These cars are the ultimate little racer.

Tx Mr. Thomson, and the field!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%