1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC

Cars 1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC 0.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
dont' forget to test out metail_detail addition, for additional effects, such as carbon fiber haha! although looking at this, I neeed to tweak the car shader quite a bit to make this look better

we will push out a small update, mostly fixing few small issues with skins , and the custom shader thing that was in wrong place,
not changes to physics or anything

__custom_showroom_1587837818.jpg

and also,
how many of you noticed switchable display ?

logger_working.jpg

Just a question? when will you add wipers, full cockpit and the exaust to the car?
The car feels very good in terms of driving.
Cockpit is something that tends to take a lot of time to make it all good. I wouldn't expect anything sooner then by the end of the year. Depending how it all goes.
Priority for me personally would be to get more cars released, so that our physics / setup team can work on balancing these out to each other, to make for a fun racing, while the car team will keep on improving the cars

If we find more people to help with 3d models / textures, that particularly love doing interiors, that would speed things up a lot! :) but those people are very rare

We can speed some things up though, such as wiper, as that can be important for RainFX -very good point and thanks for mentioning this.This should be included in all our initial released I think

Honestly I think if the base of the cars, like suspension and aero is handled, the tire will work without major changes. Other cars will just provide context.

I don't see anything in it that would produce a big inaccuracy inherent to just one car, apart from the heat and wear stuff. If it's off, it's gonna be off for all of them in the same way.

Sadly vanilla AC heating just doesn't cut it, but it's your choice if you want to use CSP heat. I think it's desirable for racecars, but myself because I make roadcars and want to maintain vanilla compatibility, I chose not to.
If you too choose not to, it might be necessary to settle for a level of inaccuracy especially in a race situation.

A lot of tire stuff is a guesstimate sadly, but they are all round and black after all.

I myself use load curves because like you said, the precise result you want is easier to obtain, and it has less limitations. These cars are making almost 1.0 CLa in downforce and some of them also go very close to, or 0 load in some situations, so using load curves with a more appropriate shape would probably improve the behavior and laptimes without sacrificing anything.

Also, I believe, from findings of other members of the community, FALLOFF_LEVEL=0.85 should probably be a little lower, perhaps FALLOFF_LEVEL=0.78 or a little lower. There is some evidence to point towards it.

The reasoning is that because while the 15% grip loss from slip is indeed probably quite true to real figures, there seems to be an additional perhaps 5 - 10% loss or so from the rapid heating of the surface of the tire during use.

Since this surface simply doesn't exist in vanilla AC heating (It's some layer(s) below to my understanding, not the very top layer) and often it is not configured to heat up realistically; that being very rapidly up then back down after the corner; the grip level for example during locking of the wheel or in a drift can be inappropriate. I'm still playing around with the values myself so don't take it as something which is definite.

I haven't looked at CSP heating enough to know if it introduces this true top layer and fixes this issue; if it does, great, then perhaps no modifications would be needed. :thumbsup:

The additional 5 - 10 % grip lossmakes sense effectively, I will keep it in mind thanks ;)
About load curves I could try to implement and check results in future...

• Deleted member 223075

Noticed the car is floating in the air in showroom

Noticed the car is floating in the air in showroom
Oh this. Given that atm the unfinished model is working as a base for skinning, beware of this coords detail that will also cause problems when creating previews via the old showroom.exe method (car will be out of picture with default coords), as when previewing the car on vanilla showroom.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 223075

Can you post a picture ? I don't see it floating on my end

Oh it is , that's very strange , will investigate
Never seen this before

Yep as @AlleyViper mentionned it's in normal showroom (i don't use CM). And for all thing i mentionned i know the car is not finished, it's just to help you improve it. I think is this for this reason you released the car, for us to help you improve it.

oh man, this car put my a smile back on my face after the dissapointment of the Primera update. It handles how you would expect, the sounds by @ACFAN are simply top work both onboard and external. Skins are great too. I could live with a full btcc pack like this with the low poly/no textures interior for sure. really you don't realize the interior has no textures until you watch with attention because what matters is how good it drives and sounds!

Haha, we had to tone it down a lot ! This car was infamous for the loudness of the transmission

@ACFAN ( I hope I have the right person)
as far as onborad soung goes, is it possible that at speed, the transmission whine changes to amlost that screaming that happes around 1:12 ? that woudl be really amazing :)
not sure if possible though

sounds like each gear has a slightly different tone to it, not sure if FMOD/ AC have this kind of options

• Deleted member 223075

somehow the old file got mixded up and the upade to fix the issue wasn't the correct one , so here is a new one
which also fixes the floating car in vanilla AC showroom

Yep all is working fine now, gg.

On my side i fixed the missing number 4 on Castrol skin
96uq.jpg

Wow wow wow!!! Loving this car. Everything I hoped it would be!
Just wonder... is there a way to have the lights fully off at the front? I’ve noticed the two inner headlamps are always on almost like running lights, and when you turn the headlights ‘on’ the outer two come on.
absolutely incredible work team!

Wow wow wow!!! Loving this car. Everything I hoped it would be!
Just wonder... is there a way to have the lights fully off at the front? I’ve noticed the two inner headlamps are always on almost like running lights, and when you turn the headlights ‘on’ the outer two come on.
absolutely incredible work team!
I believe those are meant to be daytime running lights , which is why they are set that way , I will think of some elegant way that might turn them of through csp extension

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 34.0%