1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC

Cars 1998 BMW 320i STW-BTCC 0.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
A little off current interior topics but I was just curious as to whether the rear wheel aero discs are possible in AC? I would guess it would need an entire re-model if the wheel?
A8A81E37-91D5-4205-98A5-D96556DF0AF8.jpeg

A little off current interior topics but I was just curious as to whether the rear wheel aero discs are possible in AC? I would guess it would need an entire re-model if the wheel?View attachment 370127
these are possible and potentially could be done also as an option that you would pick in setup, but I would have to look more into that
We havent' done these on primera either though , the idea was not to have 2 sets of textures for rims, .. but maybe we can add these

Will have to see how much extra work would this be
if these were able to be done as optional in setup, that would actually make me quite interested in exploring this

does the car really has autoblip IRL? couln't find any data. it downshifts too easy

Electronics were not allowed by the regulations, it used mechanical blip. There was additional linkage from the gearshift lever tied to the throttle cable/linkage for blips on downshifts. Also any gearbox with dog-gear-coupling makes easier gear engagement.
stw_blip_linkage.jpg

Last edited:
as Kyuubeey said, I wouldn't question physics or anything without any documentation that says a different thing for that same car and category. maybe STW used 300 degrees? maybe for hill climb they use 450, who knows. theres documentation for everything and you would have to do the research to prove they have wrong data.

plus they've shader already lots of documentation here so they did some researchh, this is not the ordinary facebook mod

even that alone makes no sense directly since it depends on the whole suspension geometry

16.8:1 that is actually longer ratio than road versions.
And as mentioned, it really depends on the knuckle geometry, reducing distance from control arm joint to tie-rod joint on the knuckle will make the steering shorter/faster. Supertourers also had very limited lock angle due to reduced space in inner fender well, so steering wheel lock-to-lock was short, how short idk tho.

Emissive shader strikes again
Sorry everyone, I did put it into wrong place in the archive , so that's why people who havent' have it installed yet will get crashes :( sorry about that

I will post update for this tommorow, together with some few quick fixes on skins / ui notes etc.

but basically in the archive you have

content > cars
content > fonts
content > system

but system folder should be on the same level as content

so you would drag this to your AC folder

content > cars
content > fonts
system
Hey man. thanks heaps for the mod. ive been waiting for another car to be released to races against the primera! but yeah, im still getting crashes on track loading screen, just doenloaded the mod so i think you said its already fixed, just wondering for some advice. thanks again

Emissive shader strikes again
Sorry everyone, I did put it into wrong place in the archive , so that's why people who havent' have it installed yet will get crashes :( sorry about that

I will post update for this tommorow, together with some few quick fixes on skins / ui notes etc.

but basically in the archive you have

content > cars
content > fonts
content > system

but system folder should be on the same level as content

so you would drag this to your AC folder

content > cars
content > fonts
system
hey man, thanks heaps for the mod!so keen to give this a run against the primera. i have that crashing issue and not too sure what to do, any help? thanks again

Thanks for this its absolutely awesome I couldnt stop driving it today. Cockpit sound needs some work as you can hear external exhaust/engine sounds way too much. Looking forward to the updates.

16.8:1 that is actually longer ratio than road versions.
And as mentioned, it really depends on the knuckle geometry, reducing distance from control arm joint to tie-rod joint on the knuckle will make the steering shorter/faster. Supertourers also had very limited lock angle due to reduced space in inner fender well, so steering wheel lock-to-lock was short, how short idk tho.
I'm guessing it would have been a 2.4 rack/pin ratio which is very quick.

For those few of you, if you can't get this to work, few pointers here

First of all, giving this mod one or two stars, won't give you any more help then you would get if you kindly ask in here for some help, quite opposite in fact.

If you don't post any logs, don't provide information if this is the only mod that crashes, or if there are more mods having similar behavior. or anything, there is absolutely nothing our team can do to help you

most of the issues came with the emission shader, that had to be correctly installed for this to work, but this should be sorted with the latest file , if you copy it correctly

some people had luck with installing custom shader patch, so that's something you can try also

But 1 start saying " doesn't work " , that's a best way to get on my ignore list and never get support form there as I won't see you messages

I'have got the same problem, copy all files in content/cars, but i did not overwrite all the other files in other directory, but i will not give a 1 star rating just for that (it is me, not you ^_^). I don't know why , other cars you have just to paste a directory in some others things a bit tricky. Anyway, i'm waiting for the final release, and i will give 5 stars for sure :D Thank you

I'have got the same problem, copy all files in content/cars, but i did not overwrite all the other files in other directory, but i will not give a 1 star rating just for that (it is me, not you ^_^). I don't know why , other cars you have just to paste a directory in some others things a bit tricky. Anyway, i'm waiting for the final release, and i will give 5 stars for sure :D Thank you
You have to copy the files in the system folder as well

Me again :redface:
small thing that I noticed on the Cecotto ‘98 skin that would make it perfect whenever the next update is. Just a colour switch on the roof checkers. See my in game screenshot vs replicas of both cars :thumbsup: The Winkelhock car is correct with the Red, Light blue, Dark blue scheme but the Cecotto car needs changing to be Light blue, Dark blue, Red.
Sorry for being a geek! Just thought I’d make a note:geek:
779F9914-BB6E-4BF6-BDBD-EDF2A7CC9BC0.jpeg
73FF5A3E-D929-4E4A-9A9A-3A402989EEBE.jpeg

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 95 71.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 27.1%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Standard game content