1999 Marlboro 500 Track Skin For Auto Club Speedway

Tracks 1999 Marlboro 500 Track Skin For Auto Club Speedway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Rockyrule submitted a new resource:

1999 Marlboro 500 Track Skin For Auto Club Speedway - A Track Skin For CART's Peak Season For A Sadly Tragic Race

View attachment 584410This is a track skin for auto_club_speedway. The track was known as California Speedway, built by Roger Penske as the venue for the finale for the PPG CART World Series in the late '90s.

The 1999 Edition of the Marlboro 500 was a tragic one. On Lap 9, Greg Moore would tragically lose his life in a crash on the infield grass coming out of turn 2. We can only dream of what could have been for Moore's career as he had signed a contract to be at Team Penske...

Read more about this resource...

i always wondered what would have happened if CART had stopped the race.... because the concept and the idea of CART always felt superior to me compared to the IRL. But i guess we'll never know

Last edited:
Rockyrule updated 1999 Marlboro 500 Track Skin For Auto Club Speedway with a new update entry:

Few Minor Fixes. R.I.P. Greg Moore 1975-1999

The anniversary of Greg Moore's Death has made me come back to this track and fix it a bit. I have changed the colour of the SAFER Barriers to white as to blend in and look like the plain concrete walls they had in 1999. I have also replaced all mentions of AAA or Auto Club, as to bring it more to like it was as California Speedway.

Rest In Peace Greg Moore 1975-1999
Red Gloves Rule

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 24 31.6%
  • BMW

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • McLaren

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Toyota

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Intel

Votes: 11 14.5%