Resource icon

Misc 2-way Traffic layout for "Fonteny" new1

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

2-way Traffic layout for "Fonteny" - Track day with AI in endless loop

The latest addition "Fonteny" from the one-man-band David Pemberton is quite an achievement and to honor that I`m offering a traffic lanes for offline play.
View attachment 342773View attachment 342772View attachment 342771View attachment 342774View attachment 342769
Install: unzip into "..\AssettoCorsa\content\tracks\fonteny\" and confirm merging of folders. No files are to be overwritten. That gets you the additional...

Read more about this resource...

I was getting a 96-99% RAM usage (16 GB) and the game would hang on exit. Task manager would not respond, nor other windows functions. A restart was the only way to regain control. Any ideas on cause?

All was good with a launching and driving a 7 (same class, less wrecks) and 20 car (various classes, major wrecks, stopped cars) grid. However, when I hit escape and clicked exit - nothing, but a frozen PC.

Running CSP 0.1.36 and Sol 1.4. Look forward to exploring more of your 2-way uploads!

Sorry, but it doesen't work for me. Running CSP 0.1.36 and Sol 1.4. Always when I try to load your "2-way AI traffic layout" in "Track Day" mode (even with only 1 AI car) I get the message "Game crashed! Tyres might be wrong" from Content Manager after it tries to load the track and the cars. Your layout only loads in practice mode without AI cars. Maybe you've an idea how to fix this.

It has worked for me from the vanilla launcher with about 20 opponents on race weekend (just running practice session).

In order to get the AI cars to behave more realistically at realistic speeds, I've modified your ai_hints file as attached.

Here's what was changed:

[HINT_0]
START=0.001
END=0.777
VALUE=0.667

[DANGER_0]
START=0.001
END=0.999
LEFT=0.6
RIGHT=

[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0.001
END=0.999
VALUE=110

[BRAKEHINT_0]
START=0.001
END=0.999
VALUE=0.500

The HINT value tells them to never exceed 66% of the speed they think they're capable of handling in a corner (no vans doing 65mph hairpins)

MAXSPEED tells them not to go over 110 kph

BRAKEHINT value tells them to not exceed more than 50% brake power, which means they slow earlier and softer (much more realistically)

so now they take corners at reasonable speeds, brake early enough and not like maniacs, and keep to a decent top speed. They still pass each other, sometimes in stupid places but this hits the most realistic AI traffic I've seen yet

I think the DANGER thing is about where to pass. it might need toning down, but I need to experiment some more

For anyone that enjoys AI drives like I do, hopefully this will be nice for you, too.

Attachments

• ai_hints.ini
    796 bytes · Views: 303
Game crashed
Check the setting:
CM.jpg

and post feedback if it works for troubleshooting.

I think the DANGER thing is about where to pass.
Nope, it affects the aggressiveness of AI when engaged in overtaking. On this roads less than 0.5 left makes them go out on the grass while attacking the car in front and more than 0.6 makes them too hesitant to be in the left lane. That is with some generalization of the fact that AI`s are trained differently for each car.

The remarks in my "ai_hints.ini" are citations from Stefano "Lord Kunos" Casillo who should be the guy that knows best what AI`s are doing in AC.

Thanks for the work on improving the experience! "The chase is better than the catch" is what some say and I concur.

Last edited:
the game would hang on exit
related to CSP and possibly the new Sol
Generally I got into the habit of using "Alt+Tab" while the game is running fine to give control of the V-sync to the Windows Desktop Manager instead of AC (which is as buggy as it was from the start). In some cases after using "AI flood" I too am observing slowdowns upon exit but due to the screen being controlled from the WDM I`m not tied up to one option. So if there happens to be a rare crash and hang I`m closing "acs.exe" forcefully and continue without reboot or log off.

So I suggest you focus on the AI flood options first and test with Kunos cars and tracks, and then the other content. Also test if ending the session with "Alt+F4" instead of click in game makes a difference. Keep an eye on the "..\Users\****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\" folder and "custom_shaders_patch.log" for errors recorded from the last session and clean up the old crash dumps. Disable all and enable one by one per session the additional python apps. If you happen upon a clear culprit of the problem, please post your findings to let us know how to deal with it.
Cheers!

Last edited:
I cannot seem to get AI to run the normal direction on the track, only backwards as traffic. Am I doing something wrong? Or can the file be changed to have maybe 1/3 of the AI run normally and the balance run backwards as traffic?

Great mod by the way!

I cannot seem to get AI to run the normal direction on the track, only backwards as traffic. Am I doing something wrong? Or can the file be changed to have maybe 1/3 of the AI run normally and the balance run backwards as traffic?

Great mod by the way!
When you start "Track day" and the "AI flood" in CSP is not active the AI`s have to do the full circle anti-clockwise for the 2-way to begin. When "AI flood" is active you can speed up the beginning of 2-way traffic by making few U-turns or the flood feature tends to spawn cars mostly in your direction of travel.

I could disperse the pits all over the course and am considering that for an update of this resource. Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks bud. Figured it may be something related to CSP and possibly the new Sol. Thanks for your time. I will keep experimenting.

have the same issue as you described, i have chosen 7 opponents and the game start to loading and loading and loading, need a reset, one time i started the race normally, but when i need to exit the game just stop responding.

When using CM I was able to go out on the track but when I hit escape and then exit my PC was also frozen and the only way to get out was to press CTRL-ALT-DELETE and logout.

Unchecking in CM the option "Hibernate CM while racing in "SETTINGS -> CONTENT MANAGER -> DRIVE" worked for me.

alekabul updated 2-way Traffic layout for "Fonteny" with a new update entry:

Less accidents, no game-crashing

Used the white lines trick to prevent the AI from arbitrarily attempt overtaking whenever they catch up with the slower ones. Now they form queues first and then overtake on specified parts of the course - the more straight bits. Looks more lifelike.

Addressed the issue of game crashing upon exit from the traffic with AI flood. Now it`s stable.

Due to less accidents there is the possibility of using all of the 39 AI`s for Track day traffic, with or without AI flood.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 484 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 297 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 319 45.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.2%
Back