2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm this time around all was going bad. Qualified 10th a thunderstorm started the lightning distracted me when I was -0.2 on a flying lap. :S

Race 1:

Bad lap 1, lap 2 I got a blue flag final warning (what's up with that lost concentration. Slid the car burned the rears) never found a rythm in the race. Final lap a spin exeting the left hand hairpin. Finished 14th

Race 2:
Lap 1 was ok for me but I saw a lot of dirty driving by seat drivers. Due to the pushing and banging of the cars in front of me I gained some places. Then I was chasing F. Dubois for some laps. I knew I was faster I wanted to follow him and keep my tires fresh. Dunno which lap it was but I got a disconection. How anoying is that. Freck2.

• Stirb Iuliu

My respect to Sol Leung in the Honda.

He had the opportunity to pass me while I was desperate to block and keep my place. He was very very fair play.

• A_Mourato

SOrry for driver of group 4, if i have crash u in the race of zandvoort... i really want to say SORRY!!!

• Jacek Kozlowski

SOrry for driver of group 4, if i have crash u in the race of zandvoort... i really want to say SORRY!!!
I think it was me.Really had best fight(for most time clean)with you ever since i started racing,for about 5 laps.to bad it ended that way.dont worry:)
Jacek Kozlowski

Race one after a bad quali, P19, went very well.
I finished 7 so won 12 places which is good for me, the last 5 laps i got tyre warnings and i was driving on ice but i managed to keep the 7th place.

Race 2, startd from P2 and i had a quite good start, and kept my P2 but got rammed in corner 3 for the first time, which was not to bad, but in corner 6 i got rammed while i was hitting the apex, so race over for me.
Guys the first lap the tyres are cold and then such manouvres are simply not possible, but no hard feelings from my side, **** can happen.

This was not the best of race weekends, for many reasons...

Qualified myself for P17

Race 1: DNF, further investigation is required before making a statement

Race 2: Last on the grid, gained one or two places on the start straight. Quite a few cars were banging each other ahead of me, which favored me. After the first lap I think I was somewhere around 10th, I then spun in the Tarzan curve and rejoined dead last.

For a second I considered to DNF, but quickly shook that thought out of my head. I gained new motivation and started the hunt. Drove like a bat from hell and finished in 10th.

I'd really looked forward to this race as Zandvoort is one of my favorite tracks. I'm sad that I didn't go according to plan...

Kind regards,
Karl

• Mehmet Arslan

Was a rather good race, but still people are too much in a hurry the first lap(s). Cars are being used as a brake, if u have cold tyres and cold brakes u have to know they dont work perfect yet. Also keep a bit of distance, especially on a track as Zandvoort, no room for error on this track.

So my advice pls be carefull next race.

Also i want to say well done to the podium :).

1st race: Finished 15th. Painfull experience.
2nd race: Accident in lap 1 with other car and steel barrier. Result was missing splitter and any hope for good result. 21st I think.

peace
Jari

7th and 4th!!

I was fighting with Attila Domjan and Rami Kaukola for once on the circuit I thought I had the least chance! I pre-qualified 23th and thought I would be racing in the back. This time my qualifying was perfectomundo with a 7th place.

In race 1 I also finished 7th place, from 8th to 6th holding Attila behind me, even though I knew he was faster lol. He then also got pass me in lap 10/11, and even got some pressure from Henrik behind me.

Race 2 was the best race for a while, better than race 1 which I thought was my best race ever, lol. I got from 2nd to 4th and stayed there the whole time. I could give much pressure to Attila infront of me and even got passed him for 1 whole turn, but just because Henrik froze. I braked to late, got off track and sadly needed to let Greger and Attila go. It would've been cool to give it a shot holding those 2 aliens behind me. Well, got 4th again and Rami was giving me pressure like what! I had a hard time infront of him, we swapped places 2 times in 2 turns... later on he caught me, well yeah, he was quicker so.. :p 5th, but luckily for me Christian got off track - don't know what happened. Sorry for him, because I think it happened lap 12/13.

Overall the best weekend ever. I still want to say sorry to Attila/Rami/Dom (or Samuel, need to see the replay) for little hits and stuff. I gave your guys your positions back, but a hit is not something you want to see in a league.

People see you are oh-so unlucky at home grand prix's, and so did I.. but today, it proved you can do well on home grand prix's with those astonishing results for me. Close to a podium, that hopefully still will come in this league.

Qualifing: Dissapointed with a 1.48.0, putting me in p15.
Decided not to take any risks in the race, and not to make big mistakes.

Race 1: Had some great fights, especially with Henrik for P8. Last corner of the last lap, I made a stupid mistake, I spun and finished P14.

Race 2: This was a great race !!! P10 after a few laps, fighting for position with G.Rosario and Peter. Was lucky that Samuel and Dom spun, so that putted me in P8.
First corner of last lap, Dom saw a gap and he passed :thumb: ,putting me in P9. In that same corner Cristian made a mistake so I was again back in P8. Didn't have grip anymore in last lap, so just slowely completed my last lap, finishing P8 :)

This were the best races I ever had, and I want to thank everyone for the fair races and see you all next time.

Quali P13
Race 1
It was a clean race for me but in round 7 i had real tyre problems . So i lost a few places and ended on P12
Race 2
I had a good start and afther a few laps i was on P9 but then i get hit and lost a few places and agian the tyre problems :)
I ended on P11.

It was fun again see ya all in BRNO :)

had a good race apart from hitting the barrier in the 2nd race due to cold tyres.
Got to thank attila for his chevy setup, it worked a treat on my seat leon:D:D:D:D

How come on the gpcos website it only gives me points for one of the race and none for the 2nd race

thanks to all for great race,,,finished 5th in 2nd race great for me, was following david lemon for lots of laps but he went off , i felt bad for him as we were driving great.

Race one i wont talk about the start but managed to make my way from p22 to i think p10 great :)

thanks again to all that organized the event well done.. the beers are on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Watch party