2012 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really Hamilton's tweet because if you go to this link which is Lewis account you will notice that there is a blue V to the right of his name (which means this is the real famous person since he is approved by twitter) and I sow the tweet as quickly as it was tweeted today after qualify.

Hopefully, he has had the time to re-think it and either rephrase or remove it.

THIS IS more like it:

Lewis Hamilton@LewisHamilton
Just finished interviews with meet the team, hopefully people will understand my position today from that interview. 9races to go!! Long way

Contrary to what some believe, the pressure from the press and sponsors often leads some pilots to vent some justification for a problem or a failure. I'd say wrong move, better raise your chin, take one and move on.

You're right, m8. This complaint/crying is not about money.

You missed the point: these pro drivers, with a net worth of millions are no different than kids going at it in iRacing or other racing sim and having to complain when something goes wrong.

Not about the money - it's about the attitude, m8.
i agree to disagree.

Well, there's a big difference between today's Lewis Hamilton and the one from a year and before.

And even more of a difference between Maldonado and Lewis. On top of that, Lewis is a former F1 champion, he can't afford (shouldn't) to show his frustration via excuses or justifications. Better explain when the press asks, diffusing the issue, and let it go.

Anyway, can't win all the time, no matter how good he is (and he is).

i agree to disagree.

:thumbsup:

Yeah.

This reminds me of an interview the Busch bros (Kyle and Kurt) gave to, iirc, Speed TV. They were basically complaining people put too much pressure on them. The bar, they said, was raised too high when it came to them, so when something didn't work out everyone'd blame them...Obviously, imo, total BS, given who they are, but with Lewis H. the bar is really sky high and quite deservedly so. If he doesn't perform, negativity from the press piles up on him, so while it is hard not to react he cannot afford to vent away.

IMO, for sure.

Yeah.

This reminds me of an interview the Busch bros (Kyle and Kurt) gave to, iirc, Speed TV. They were basically complaining people put too much pressure on them. The bar, they said, was raised too high when it came to them, so when something didn't work out everyone'd blame them...Obviously, imo, total BS, given who they are, but with Lewis H. the bar is really sky high and quite deservedly so. If he doesn't perform, negativity from the press piles up on him, so while it is hard not to react he cannot afford to vent away.

IMO, for sure.
Agree, especially when he´s been trying so hard to paint up this picture of "smooth sailing Hamilton" it was quite a shocker to see that.

In my opinon he´s the fastest F1 driver since Senna but he needs to be real with his emotions.
I had no problems with his attitude last year because i knew it was atleast an honest one.
I hope he gets himself together, as you say, he can´t afford to trip now.

Agree, especially when he´s been trying so hard to paint up this picture of "smooth sailing Hamilton" it was quite a shocker to see that.

In my opinon he´s the fastest F1 driver since Senna but he needs to be real with his emotions.
I had no problems with his attitude last year because i knew it was atleast an honest one.
I hope he gets himself together, as you say, he can´t afford to trip now.
remember he has to watch what he says though to keep Mclaren and to keep sponsors happy so what he says to the media would have been said to keep Mclaren happy and deleting the tweet probably will keep them happy as well :)

I think with a lower DF package we would have seen Hamilton on pole and a 1-2 for Mclaren without a doubt.

Provisional grid for today,

1. Button
  2. Kobayashi
  3. Raikkonen
  4. Perez
  5. Alonso
  6. Maldonado
  7. Hamilton
  8. Grosjean
  9. Di Resta
  10. Vettel
  11. Hulkenberg
  12. Webber
  13. Schumacher
  14. Massa
  15. Vergne
  16. Ricciardo
  17. Senna
  18. Kovalainen
  19. Petrov
  20. Glock
  21. Pic
  22. Rosberg
  23. Karthikeyan

I think with a lower DF package we would have seen Hamilton on pole and a 1-2 for Mclaren without a doubt.

Thats the most embarrasing thing i've ever seen from an F1 driver. Come one, why they just can't shut up and drive? Seriously he made that decision with his engineer, just deal with it. Imagine someone like Mansell who raced in bath of fuel doing that kind of thing, i would assume he's gone nuts.

I normally don't like to go and defend an F1 driver but guys come on, the guy lost a family member a couple of days ago. That isn't something you get over in just like that.
So give him a break, he is probably in a complete emotional chaos and reacts there for in this (what you guys try to refer to as) childish/immature way. This is maybe his way of getting over something like this, he is human after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 434 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 271 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 289 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 27.0%
Back