2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian Horner also called Ferrari out on their tactics before the race, Will Buxton was interviewing him (I forgot what exactly he asked), he said that at this rate Fernando will end up starting on the front row. Got quite a chuckle from that.

I lost faith in Mercedes. But not Schumacher! I wear a Schumacher shirt every time I watch F1 and will continue to do so.

Me neither. I am aware he isn't the same driver he was before but I simply cannot believe it is entirely his fault. Actually on some occasions Mercedes took some interesting decisions...

The big engine change is 2014.

I know this but this is what the commentators said today - 2015 is the turning point for Mercedes. Or at least the season when they will be clearly fighting with the best. Maybe they made a mistake, maybe not. I'm too lazy to search for this right now :p

To be honest I would also be pissed that the guy who passed me did so because I found a backmarker who can't yield.

True, true. But Newey or Horner said after the race that the same thing could have happened reversed - a slow driver helping them win a championship. I know this was said mainly to look good in front of the cameras but he has a very good point here. This is what a rational man would say whatever the end result and although I'm not very fond of the team they do look like very rational guys.

Alonso did the best he could, his qualifying pace was surprisingly way more off than I expected.

He was off pace all weekend. I hope I'm not mistaking but I looked sometime in the last 10 laps what was his fastest lap compared to the front guys and he was around 1:41 while Felipe was storming behind him with a 1:39. I just hope I'm not mistaking :D

Its funny.. Ferrari do it and they are "geniuses". If Red Bull were to do it? Well they would be called cheats.. shows how biased some people can be.
I wouldn't call them cheats, I would call them hypocrites because they are always pointing at other teams about that (scince germany 2010). You can like or think it's ok what Ferrari does, or not, but at least they are honest about it.

For tittle contender Alonso look very poor this weekend, very far from Vettel and Hamilton.

But even worst he need that Ferrari treat Massa like trash to put him in a better position for the race, where Massa still was better than him.

I'd do the same if I was Ferrari. Yea it sucks that Massa had to face a penalty, but he is not running for the championship. Face it, one driver is always going to have preferential treatment over another, especially when it comes down to only one driver being in the title fight.

But Massa really was on the pace today and has been for a past few races. I'd expect this late return in form will give him a good boost for next year.

Exactly, and I would have done the same. And everybody in their place would have done the same. I bet you all guys against Ferrari doing this have been a cloistered nun in a previous life, or a buddhist monk.

Stop this farce, it is emetic.
Qutoing myself above.

Someone at Ferrari should really employ Karthikeyan
Maybe the retard** from BILD should do that, I was really glad it was an HRT slowing Vettel just enough as to let Hamitlon pass man, really happy. HRT is a profesional team that works hard during the whole year knowing last is their spot, and it deserves more credits than anything else there.

Now look why I am talking about BILD:
2s6v8fn.jpg
Really ashaming stuff there by BILD.

I'd do the same if I was Ferrari. Yea it sucks that Massa had to face a penalty, but he is not running for the championship. Face it, one driver is always going to have preferential treatment over another, especially when it comes down to only one driver being in the title fight.

I can understand that, but at this point of the championship and in the fight for it, Massa drop 5 places, had many fights at the middle of the field and finishes the race just 7 secs behind Alonso, that doesn't look to be what expecting from him.

I can understand that, but at this point of the championship and in the fight for it, Massa drop 5 places, had many fights at the middle of the field and finishes the race just 7 secs behind Alonso, that doesn't look to be what expecting from him.
They expect Massa to be a team player and follow the company line.

Christian Horner also called Ferrari out on their tactics before the race, Will Buxton was interviewing him (I forgot what exactly he asked), he said that at this rate Fernando will end up starting on the front row. Got quite a chuckle from that.

HA!! :roflmao:

Horner calling another team out for not playing fair.

Jog on Horner, You've made your bed. no one feels sorry if you get cheated and we didn't make it that way, you did.

i wonder if this was LH last win for some time now...if yes,we should indeed celebrate it

...that Macca car is something to be reckoned with,tho...no question about that!

Wonder if Perez will be up for the downforce it can generate!

either way,its sort of irrelevant:)

It was a better race than I expected. The track makes it hard to overtake, but that created some good overtake moves (Button passed in T1 like he owned the corner, and Räikkönen is nuts).

A couple of drivers shined today, I think.

First of all, Lewis Hamilton. He was fast, he didn't give up, and he took the only chance to overtake Vettel he had, and made it work. It would have been a great shame if anything happened to his car, he deserved a win after all the bad luck, and he worked a lot for this one.

Second, Massa, who took one for the team with the gearbox change, but went on to drive a fantastic race and end only 7 seconds behind Alonso, after having to battle through the all the traffic. He's had a remarkable weekend, and I think he will do well in Interlagos. He's looking strong for 2013 too, nice to see him back in business.

I'd also say Grosjean had a good race, showing good pace through all of it, but a braking mistake killed his chances to do anything.

Now, the championship is still alive into the last race, but given how strong Red Bull has been the 3 last years in Interlagos, Vettel has a big chance to become the champion again. Rain might shake up things a bit, but it's all about Vettel making a mistake, or Red Bull having a mechanical failure.

With how intense this championship has been, I can only hope that the race in Interlagos will be a worthy end to this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.8%