2018 Formula One Azerbaijan Grand Prix

Yes, I think the bigger part of the guilt is on Max, but RIC's 1st move was to the outside and then very fast to the inside.
It depends a bit on what Max reacted to, did he go inside after seeing Daniel went outside to have the defensive/inside line or did Max go inside after Daniel for a blocking maneuver?!

Not trying to justify, I just see 2 scenarios I can't judge if it was one or the other.

I agree, Riccardo moved so fast to change line and everything happened really fast. I believe it's a racing incident.

According to ex-F1 pilots Guido vd Garde and Robert Doornbos it was RIC who was at fault. They claim VER may weave from left to right as long as it's not while under the braking.

This is part of the changed regulations after the infamous Verstappen-rule.

Now I am even more interested what the stewards will say.

Baku never fail to deliver ! :D :thumbsup:

Shame about Bottas, great race, great strategy. Grose wtf Jean bonehead of the day and regarding that Red Stubborn Bull incident...
I've always been much bigger Daniel than Max fan but in that situation Ricciardo should act better. He knows Max is a dirty gamer and can't stand to ANYONE overtake him, so he'll leave no place at all, just saying... he should be smarter than that.
But lucky us... we had our spectacle thanks to incidents like those. :x3:

There's only one to blame. The one that is constantly breaking the rules...cutting track, pushing cars off the track, moving under braking etc. What more??? Killing someone???

Who ever was at fault on the RB team, it was beyond stupid, but very fun to watch :p
Even funnier when Croissant put it in the wall :roflmao:

Coulthard - "more blame on ricardo"
Marko - "it's a racing incident"
Don't know - probably will be a racing incident, but one that shouldn't happen with one team.

Again we have to agree Max needs to change his race behaviour. Daniel gave him so much room in previous overtaking attempts and still Max throws his car against him! Its getting realy embarrassing.

Baku makes me think that they are all bad drivers and if Grosjean could take back his swiss nationality i would like it. lol

I don't get how this is controversial either. Max broke the rules at least twice, didn't give a full car width in an earlier attempt by Daniel and almost put him in the wall, and the final incident was much worse.

This is *not* weaving, he fully changed his racing line twice, the second time it is under braking from 340kph, Ricciardo could do nothing. Someone could have been hurt badly.

By the way, if the Red Bulls hadn't been fighting all day they could have scored a lot of points, Hamilton emerged with very cold softs just in front of them.

Also who designed this track lol

There's only one to blame. The one that is constantly breaking the rules...cutting track, pushing cars off the track, moving under braking etc. What more??? Killing someone???
EVERY race is for itself. I don't like Max, at all. Just saying Ricc should handle the situation better, and got three, omg, "disagrees" already. :roflmao: And counting. Crying right here. :x3:

In meantime, in Force India happy camp...
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/perez-under-investigation-for-improper-drs-use-1031730/
hmmm....
Ricciardo could do nothing
Maybe he could actually... where exactly did he think to squeeze ? He doesn't drive a pizza delivery scooter, he was way too close, braking too late, so maybe he should/could switch to outside (again). =P

Maybe he could actually... where exactly did he think to squeeze ? He doesn't drive a pizza delivery scooter, he was way too close, braking too late, so maybe he should/could switch to outside (again). =P

He was braking from 340kph, wasn't he?
Also, he would expect, like anyone else, that an F1 driver would not change his line twice, and certainly not at the most dangerous corner to do so. But I don't think he could do anything regardless. We're talking about a huge amount of deceleration.

Maybe if it were only this incident it would have been ok, but Max was doing dodgy stuff all race, on his teammate, and when there was no need at all.

Formula 1 is becoming a farce. We had 4 races, and in 3 of them there is an undeserving winner. If I wanted to see that, I'd watch DTM instead.

Are you serious?
Vettel would have taken an easy win if there hadn't been a SC. Remember, Bottas didn't pit until the SC was deployed, so he most likely would have fallen back to P3 with a regular pit stop.
Yes, he was serious.
Bottas drove one great race, great strategy. He may go out of the pits behind Hamilton (or maybe not, it would be close and we'll never know now, do we?) but thanks to much newer and much (two steps) softer tires (purple ultra-soft vs yellow regular soft on Vettel) he would be so much faster, so he would probably overtake Vettel too.

Are you serious?
Vettel would have taken an easy win if there hadn't been a SC. Remember, Bottas didn't pit until the SC was deployed, so he most likely would have fallen back to P3 with a regular pit stop.
I wouldn’t say Bottas best, but could have Vettel won the race or not if he hadn’t of outbroken himself into T1 on restart? I draw parallels with that of the final lap in Bahrain with Bottas vs Vettel- sometimes it is good to take risks, sometimes it isn’t.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 500 68.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 308 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 332 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 161 22.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 196 26.8%
Back