rF2 207 Super 2000 @ Nurburgring - Monday November 28th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Qualy =

Very pleased by my qualy performance. 4th and only 0.5 off pole. My best ever qualy.

Race 1 =

Was slow off the grid and into Turn 1 I was side-by side with Lee but I managed to keep ahead. Then got into 3rd and ahead of Wayne a few corners later. However, at the start of the 2nd sector, I went slightly wide and onto the grass, I braked heavily and I knew that it was impossible for me to get back on track unless I kept going forwards instead of trying to turn, which would of resulted in me spinning which could of been more dangerous. I joined the track but Lee came to the apex of the corner. I spun and was hit by Wayne (he had nowhere to go). Wayne spun at the Schumacher S moving me up to 6th I think.

Later on, I got a good exit onto of the final corner and was trying to overtake Adam into Turn 1, I braked too early however and tried to get a good exit out of Turn 1 to be able to close back on Adam for the next 2 corners. But Tony overtook me, I didn't see him and after watching the replay, I can understand why Tony tried to overtake. For the next few laps, I stayed about 2 seconds behind Adam and Tony who were fighting and as I moved up to 5th when Andy and Vitoldas spun. I started to get some cramp in both my legs.

It was head for me to brake meaning I would brake too early or not enough, making me either oversteer and cut the apex or brake too late and miss the apex. Whenever I cut, I did slow down. In the closing laps, I had a small battle with Wayne, there was small contact at the hairpin and we both spun at the same time at the Chicane (no contact involved). But I was struggling to drive with some minor suspension damage collected on Lap 1 and my cramp. I then spun at the Hairpin before truddling home on the final lap, just trying to rest my legs.

Race 2=

Started 9th, was up to 5th when going into Turn 1 because of the carnage Francesco caused by not wanting to be upfront ??? But into Turn 1, I clipped the back of Eike's car spinning him around. I am very sorry. On Lap 2 or 3 at Turn 6, my car went into 1st gear instead of 2nd which suddenly made me lose control. I didn't spin though but I did lose a few positions. Later on in the lap, I was ahead of Adam and when coming out of the Schumacher S, my screen froze and when it unfroze, I was on the grass. I tried to control the car but I ended up spinning just like Vettel this season. I decided to end my race shortly after.

Quali: Was useless, qualified 10th.

Race 1: Made a good start and got past a few cars. Had a good battle with Vitoldas before he went off. Spent most of the race trying to fend off Tony until he span off near the end. Brought it home in 3rd after the car felt much better.

Race 2: Started 4th on the grid and got an absolute flyer. Unforturnately, Francesco failed to move and I ended up running into the back of him. I lost the whole front of the car and the car was pulling to the right but it only slowed me down a bit on the run to turn 1. I was in third but nearly hit the back of Lee as the car was understeering and struggled to stop. I followed for a lap with the car understeering badly apart from one corner where it oversteered. Then at turn 1 on lap 2, the car oversteered again and I couldn't hold the slide. I dropped back a bit but the car had the same characteristics for the next few laps. Eventually it settled down and I was part of a 4-way battle for 4th which I finished at the back of.

Thanks guys for racing. :)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 47 32.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 24 16.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • At a friends house