A BTCC Game In The Works?

honestly not a big fan of stand alone games for small series like this one
you are always stuck on a very small list of tracks

The fact that you've complained that this is a small series on limited tracks is IMO part of the problem with sim racing as a whole. The thing is that we've been spoilt with what I refer to as "Kitchen sink" sims, and by "kitchen sink" I mean the devs have thrown everything content wise at it, including the kitchen sink.

The problem with that kitchen sink sims is that they try to cover too much ground in terms of tracks and cars meaning that a lot of that content is, well, under developed, not to mention that the physics engines that we currently have are not necessarily good at covering all bases. Sims that do aero well tend not to be so good with mechanical grip, and vice versa. And honestly you cannot tell me that each of the 250+ cars included have been physically accurately modelled, or even visually accurately modelled.

In fact a limited series allows the devs to dial in, drill deep on the tracks and especially the physical behaviour of the cars and ensure that they behave a closely to their real world counterparts as possible.

And this is where I feel Kunos made the right decision with ACC - a single series where each car and track can get the attention it deserves, as opposed to punching some numbers in and hoping for the best.

So I'm all up for this BTCC sim.

my first idea as well, abandoning their gt3 gtr3 thingy since acc has bagged the market and moving on to more promising stuff. l'd love to see it happen, simracers need a new physics model to moan about every three months or so ;)

One thing i do know from following BTCC so closely is that Alan Gow wouldnt allow someone like Simbin UK to get their hands on the licence he would want proof that they can get the job done and to a good standard. Simbin UK wouldnt do this.

Hope someone can do series justice and include the cars from the late 90's and pit stops. They sure new how to splash the cash back in the day judging by the paddock a Croft. In this case it was much better in the past as the cars were proper race cars and the wings aren't just for show like they're nowadays.

Cool, that would mean that Codemasters are out then.

Pretty much, unless they can convince otherwise. I mean they do have Slightlymad onboard now :O_o: :cautious: neither of which i think would do it justice.

Hope someone can do series justice and include the cars from the late 90's and pit stops. They sure new how to splash the cash back in the day judging by the paddock a Croft. In this case it was much better in the past as the cars were proper race cars and the wings aren't just for show like they're nowadays.

The wings arent for show these days. The cars now are purpose built race cars they only share the body shell with the road car. The rest is spaceframed. All the suspension is inboard. They're also just as quick now as the Super Touring cars were. Super touring was cool for the tech and drivers it attracted but ultimately thats what killed it because it was way too expensive.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 6 25.0%