AC Modding Questions Thread

I promise, I'll stop asking things.
I have managed to aling the steering animation with the steering wheel. However, the animation is too quick in relation with the steering wheel.
Any clue as to how I can fix this?
And big thank you to everyone who has helped me with the questions I've been asking lately. You are the best!

I promise, I'll stop asking things.
I have managed to aling the steering animation with the steering wheel. However, the animation is too quick in relation with the steering wheel.
Any clue as to how I can fix this?
And big thank you to everyone who has helped me with the questions I've been asking lately. You are the best!
Your video is private, so unable to really see the issue. However one possibility is the degrees of lock in "driver3d.ini" doesn't match that of your animation. If, for example, you are using the available 3ds max rig made by Kunos, you want that value to be set at 360.

i miss the dumb question thread.

Question about ksEditor. The unique, the bizarre, the wonderful... The mighty ksEditor.

Why is ALPHATEST=1 saved in persistence, and yet the editor doesn't retain everytime i load ?
Is it a faulty DDS file, is it a plane, is it superman ?
1601223068231.png

(Test behaves better, Blend sometimes flickr when objects are too near to each other)

Question about ksEditor. The unique, the bizarre, the wonderful... The mighty ksEditor.

Why is ALPHATEST=1 saved in persistence, and yet the editor doesn't retain everytime i load ?
View attachment 409035
(Test behaves better, Blend sometimes flickr when objects are too near to each other)
Yeah, one of the many wierd kseditor things... maybe just stick to the ksperpixelAT shader instead of forcing the regular shader to use alpha

View attachment 409035
Also notice you are using a very unconventional texture. DXT3 is better used with masks or map files, and you don’t need 9 mips lol, also it’s size, some GPUs don’t like that.

lol i knew that screenshot had useful info :D
i never changed the mipaps... it's either my mistake of changing something at some point, or default in photoshop
i'll check ! Cheers guys !

I thought DXT3 was for perfect black or white alpha (i have an alpha for my fence basically)
and DXT5 for grey shades

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right, DXT3 is for b/w 1-bit alpha masks, but AT blending mode will also 'filter' the mask to be 1-bit, plus DXT5 uses compression.

I don't think that I ever use DXT3,just DXT5 with AT blend mode.

For some reason, my Toyota will blow the engine when you slam the car from neutral to reverse. If I mash the throttle in neutral, then dump it into reverse, the RPMs jump from 9000 to ~12000 once you're in gear and immediately kills the engine if damage is enabled. I have yet to come across a car that does the same thing. Is there anything that would cause such an issue? I've attached the whole of the drivetrain.ini if that helps.

Code:
[HEADER]
VERSION=1

[TRACTION]
TYPE=RWD                    ; Wheel drive. Possible options: FWD (Front Wheel Drive), RWD (Rear Wheel Drive)

[GEARS]
COUNT=5                ; forward gears number
GEAR_R=-2.583            ; rear gear ratio
; forward gears ratios. must be equal to number of gears defined on count
GEAR_1=2.190       
GEAR_2=1.615       
GEAR_3=1.300   
GEAR_4=1.061   
GEAR_5=0.947

FINAL=3.300        ; final gear ratio

[DIFFERENTIAL]
POWER=1.0            ; differential lock under power. 1.0=100% lock - 0 0% lock
COAST=1.0            ; differential lock under coasting. 1.0=100% lock 0=0% lock
PRELOAD=19            ; preload torque setting

[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=300        ; change up time in milliseconds
CHANGE_DN_TIME=320        ; change down time in milliseconds
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=300        ; Auto cutoff time for upshifts in milliseconds, 0 to disable
SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1        ; 1=Car supports shifter, 0=car supports only paddles
VALID_SHIFT_RPM_WINDOW=800            ;range window additional to the precise rev matching rpm that permits gear engage.
CONTROLS_WINDOW_GAIN=0.4            ;multiplayer for gas,brake,clutch pedals that permits gear engage on different rev matching rpm. the lower the more difficult.
INERTIA=0.027                    ; gearbox inertia. default values to 0.02 if not set

[CLUTCH]
MAX_TORQUE=1700

[AUTOCLUTCH]
UPSHIFT_PROFILE=NONE            ; Name of the autoclutch profile for upshifts. NONE to disable autoclutch on shift up
DOWNSHIFT_PROFILE=DOWNSHIFT_PROFILE    ; Same as above for downshifts
USE_ON_CHANGES=0                ; Use the autoclutch on gear shifts even when autoclutch is set to off. Needed for cars with semiautomatic gearboxes. values 1,0
MIN_RPM=1250                    ; Minimum rpm for autoclutch engadgement
MAX_RPM=1750                    ; Maximum rpm for autoclutch engadgement

[DOWNSHIFT_PROFILE]
POINT_0=25                ; Time to reach fully depress clutch
POINT_1=75                ; Time to start releasing clutch
POINT_2=100                ; Time to reach fully released clutch

[AUTOBLIP]
ELECTRONIC=0                ; If =1 then it is a feature of the car and cannot be disabled
POINT_0=10                ; Time to reach full level
POINT_1=120                ; Time to start releasing gas
POINT_2=180            ; Time to reach 0 gas
LEVEL=0.7                ; Gas level to be reached

[DAMAGE]
RPM_WINDOW_K=100

[AUTO_SHIFTER]
UP=9000
DOWN=4500
SLIP_THRESHOLD=.99
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.23

Can somebody please advise what's involved in replacing a driver model? I don't mean just changing the reference in data/driver3D.ini for HANS on/off, period helmet/goggles/gloves etc, I want to replace a driver that has his elbows sticking out horizontally (originally from a vintage single-seater I guess?) with one with a more conventional 'elbows in' driving posture. The current 'elbows out' model used in this car looks a little silly in VR even before the steering animation kicks in and his joints start bending into all sorts of painful-looking positions.

Screenshot_chivas_13gtrgt500_definitive_zandvoort2020_3-10-120-17-40-11.jpg

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Can somebody please advise what's involved in replacing a driver model? I don't mean just changing the reference in data/driver3D.ini for HANS on/off, period helmet/goggles/gloves etc, I want to replace a driver that has his elbows sticking out horizontally (originally from a vintage single-seater I guess?) with one with a more conventional 'elbows in' driving posture. The current 'elbows out' model used in this car looks a little silly in VR even before the steering animation kicks in and his joints start bending into all sorts of painful-looking positions.

View attachment 410400

Many thanks.
It's either getting your hands dirty in a 3D software :D
or, using another driver animation (ksanim files) + position (that you can change easily in CM showroom)

For the singer for example, in the early versions, i used the anim from... the mercedes 190 i think as a placeholder, and it was doing the job pretty well
i ajusted the position in the showroom, and the steering radius was matching as well, pretty lucky i guess

It's either getting your hands dirty in a 3D software :D
or, using another driver animation (ksanim files) + position (that you can change easily in CM showroom)

For the singer for example, in the early versions, i used the anim from... the mercedes 190 i think as a placeholder, and it was doing the job pretty well
i ajusted the position in the showroom, and the steering radius was matching as well, pretty lucky i guess
Thanks Ben - I was directed to this guide for swapping driver models as well:

View attachment 410400

Many thanks.

As mentioned, this isn't a driver model issue, but an animation one :) If you can find a car with a similar seating position and steering lock you could use those files and move him around in CM to the right position

As mentioned, this isn't a driver model issue, but an animation one :) If you can find a car with a similar seating position and steering lock you could use those files and move him around in CM to the right position
Thanks. The modder has actually fixed the driver posture on this particular mod but I'll bear that in mind for the future.

I noticed that if you reverse over, and then cross the finish of a point to point stage (AC_AB_FINISH_L/R), you'll get a infinitely small laptime. Am I missing something on the stage that prevents this? I tried putting a timed sector halfway with AC_TIME_1_R/L but that does not trigger.

Edit: Apparently every A-B track in Assetto Corsa has this issue...

Last edited:
Hi guys. I'm trying to make a mod (r32 sedan with 180sx front bumper, fenders and hood) and I don't understand how to make a texture map. I know that it can be done in kseditor and that I should import FBX file into it. But kseditor doesn't even see fbx in folder. Does somebody know what can be done in this situation? I'm new at AC modding, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

P.S. Sorry if my english is bad, I'm from russia and I don't speak it often
r32.png

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 475 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 139 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 182 26.8%
Back