AC Racing Club Ideas

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
In this thread you can spit your ideas for the AC Racing Club.
  • Want a special event to be organised?
  • Are we systematically overlooking cars or tracks?
  • You wish to organize a race for the "wifes/men of RD" and hook up your partner with other community partners?
  • Something else? Spit it out here

As i am more at the end of the field, often driving alone :(, i would really like to see what is going on at the lead of the field...
Therefore i am asking if there are or if it would be possible to make some kind of video of the club races...it would maybe also help me to catch up a little bit :)
Most of the videos found at YT are more bad examples of online-racing...
I think at the beginning some racers posted some replays but never saw that again :-(

I would just like to ask everyone, that while we are in the race, to keep the chatter down on Teamspeak. I am there so I can hear if something important happens or whatever, so I don't want to turn the sound off. But to hear random things constantly troughout the race, are just very distracting.
The same counts for if a crash happens that isn't your fault, or you have done something wrong with your setup, there is no use saying it over Teamspeak all the time. Nothing anyone can do about it.

I am not trying to moan or anything, I just want a nice experience and I am asking just to think of others while you are racing.

Thanks!

Don't agree at all because teamspeak is there to talk to each other. If you don't like the chatter then the only solution is either not to use it or mute your device when the race starts.

For a large portion of the club drivers our events are more than just a race, its also a social gathering where people talk to each other and that can be both on or off topic.

Don't agree at all because teamspeak is there to talk to each other. If you don't like the chatter then the only solution is either not to use it or mute your device when the race starts.

For a large portion of the club drivers our events are more than just a race, its also a social gathering where people talk to each other and that can be both on or off topic.

Yes but listening to someones chair squeek every corner and someones wheel rattle for 40 minutes isnt that great. Use push to talk please people.

I agree with the social aspect completely, however there hasn't been anything social about the things I am mentioning. Maybe it is just bad luck, but the past 2 races where just horrible on TS, just straight on moaning, asking for restarts and talking over and over about a crash. I don't find that social.

I also should have phrased my post better, as I am not against the normal chatter, just against the bad part of it. I enjoy it and participate in it.

Asking for restarts its a no go as we never do restarts. Feel free to tell others as well on TS.

Don't wait for an admin to step in when he isn't there, but act on your own behalf in such cases. Its also your club, your ts3 and in case of people abusing the system you need to step up too.

Lets all contribute :thumbsup:

Can you set up TS3 so it uses a wheel button to activate it for PTT?

I never have my keyboard out while racing, but I'm sure I could find a spare button on the wheel/shifter.

I remember on Race07 here years ago that we weren't allowed to talk on TS once the race started, which seemed strange. I always thought that the people who did not want to hear us talk during a race could just mute it. :roflmao:

Can you set up TS3 so it uses a wheel button to activate it for PTT?

I never have my keyboard out while racing, but I'm sure I could find a spare button on the wheel/shifter.

I remember on Race07 here years ago that we weren't allowed to talk on TS once the race started, which seemed strange. I always thought that the people who did not want to hear us talk during a race could just mute it. :roflmao:
Yes, you can configure a button on the teamspeack settings to act as a push-to-talk.

One danger of using a button for PTT is that you may forget what button or that it was assigned at all. That happened to me once, I thought my Mic was broken, alas - it was my memory that was broken. Fortunately, forgetting helps me remember!:)

I like the idea of an 'Abarth esse esse Friday' race club.

I used to love the old Mini-Fridays, but since I only recently got AC, I want to get used to the sim and not hop back and forwards between them all to get races in the future. I'm not sure I'd cope well with the different grip/handling models as I'm just not experienced enough.

I'm already racing twice a week (badly) in a GT3 series on Gran Turismo 6 here (They even leave the 'recommended line' assist turned on so I can use it and hit the wall slightly less often.) and I like the handling better on AC, but we still have 24 races left in that season.

This game needs a Mini! I like Minis... :D

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%