Resource icon

Tracks AC Riverside 2022-03-23

Login or Register an account to download this content
John Allen submitted a new resource:

AC Riverside - GTR2,Track,Add on,Riverside,RIR

Lilski grasiously granted me permission to post thier Asseto Corsa Riverside track(the best Riverside out there that I know of.) that I converted to GTR2.

FYI.! There is a lot of detail in thier track and I had to cut somethings out to have it work on my old pc(a 2005 XP OS home build) if I run to many cars there is major laaaaaaag.
So,be warned if you have a dinosaure pc like I do expect lag.

Read more about this resource...

For a first version of this conversion, it's quite good! And fantastic job getting permission for this. :) Well done. EDIT: and thank you LilSki for your generous permission for this conversion :inlove:

However, it still needs some work. First, I had to place the "ACRiverside__" folders and loose files into a ACRiverside folder not provided in the download (as it is now, it won't unzip to the correct place). Second, the grass and dirt/sand textures immediately around the track as well as the asphalt in the garage area are very grainy and low-res for me, even at max settings – hopefully bringing back some of the original AC textures (even at a slightly downscaled resolution from the original if necessary) would make this easy to fix. Third, the asphalt textures on-track also look to be the wrong scale (almost like they're appearing too large on the road surface). Fourth, the beige hue of the mountains in the background can look odd when combined with a dark, cloudy sky – I would try to remove that hue if possible. Finally, a less 'solid' and dark race groove texture would be nice.

Haven't yet tested the AI, so can't speak to that yet. If improvements are needed to the AIW, that's something I could help with!

I currently don't have a wheel, so I'm unsure how well the detailed non-visual road mesh from AC translates into the conversion's HAT file and thus into the force feedback in GTR2. Perhaps something for others to investigate.

But... again, great work on getting permission and getting started with this already-decent conversion. I'm very glad! A sim like GTR2 (especially with the Power and Glory mod) deserves a proper Riverside. And this is a solid start, for sure. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thank you for this track pack. Riverside has always been a great favourite of mine but I cannot get it to start. It crashes the instant the track title screen appears as it loads. I do not have a stock version of GTR2 on my computer, but have several installs Power and Glory. I also possess only sufficient knowledge of these applications to break things it seems. Could you please assist here. The screenshots look really great, by the way!:)

I cannot get it to start. It crashes the instant the track title screen appears as it loads.
As I recall, this download, once you unzip, has the folders "Gamedata\Location\" then some "ACRiverside__" folders and a few loose GTR files. So if you unzip it directly into your GTR2 install, it won't work – the folder name should be "Locations", not "Location", and the "ACRiverside__" folders and loose files need to be put into a folder called ACRiverside.

So your folder path should be as follows:
GameData > Locations > ACRiverside > folders and files

Last edited:
When anybody is gonna convert the Climax or the Patrick Giranthon tracks?

They already have great textures. (always leave original textures on folder so anybody can improve from there).
how well the detailed non-visual road mesh from AC translates into the conversion's HAT file

Last edited:
For a first version of this conversion, it's quite good! And fantastic job getting permission for this. :) Well done. EDIT: and thank you LilSki for your generous permission for this conversion :inlove:

However, it still needs some work. First, I had to place the "ACRiverside__" folders and loose files into a ACRiverside folder not provided in the download (as it is now, it won't unzip to the correct place). Second, the grass and dirt/sand textures immediately around the track as well as the asphalt in the garage area are very grainy and low-res for me, even at max settings – hopefully bringing back some of the original AC textures (even at a slightly downscaled resolution from the original if necessary) would make this easy to fix. Third, the asphalt textures on-track also look to be the wrong scale (almost like they're appearing too large on the road surface). Fourth, the beige hue of the mountains in the background can look odd when combined with a dark, cloudy sky – I would try to remove that hue if possible. Finally, a less 'solid' and dark race groove texture would be nice.

Haven't yet tested the AI, so can't speak to that yet. If improvements are needed to the AIW, that's something I could help with!

I currently don't have a wheel, so I'm unsure how well the detailed non-visual road mesh from AC translates into the conversion's HAT file and thus into the force feedback in GTR2. Perhaps something for others to investigate.

But... again, great work on getting permission and getting started with this already-decent conversion. I'm very glad! A sim like GTR2 (especially with the Power and Glory mod) deserves a proper Riverside. And this is a solid start, for sure. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the thumbs up on the Riverside track but I do not know how to model,make a template or skin a raw model.

FOR Exmp. I'll take an SKP. model open it up in simed gen.1,there are little to no tex.'s in them and little to no obj.'s. So I try to create obj.'s then find a color to give it a tex. and go from there. In the case of AC Riverside I used SimEd gen.2 to get the track componants some parts came with tex.'s some did not,such as the ground tex.'s,they were just a large dark gray obj.. So I found a dirt tex. to cover it. the reason I think as for the grainy look is because it takes a small tex. and stretch's it over a large area like a drum skin thus the look I got for the ground.

My lack of knoladge in CGI is the reason for some of the poor quality. I am a person who likes to take something unrelated to something els,fidle with it to see if I can make it work. not always succesfull but why not. LOL.

I do Thank you for the coodos. I take no offence to the constructive criticism. Thats how we learn. Right.?

I am pleased that you think it worthy of your comments. As far as the unziping of the files goes,I suggested extracting to a temp. folder then copy to GTR2 folder and let over write,thats how I get files into my game.

Again thanks for the comments a coodo's.

Here's the only thing I can think of about your issue. We have to consider that this is a track for a high end game for PC's with higher end graphics cards and these tracks tend to have a LOT OF Polygons in them. I had to remove lots and lots of them to get this track just to get it into and to work on my pc. when I was working with this track I had issues also and still tend to have. My pc is a 2005 home build with XP OS. My video card at the time was an ATI 9600 and if I ran moor than 10 cars issues galore. Tex. would be missing chop city and CTD's. when my ATI card died I had an Nvidia gt520 card that could not handle it well,chop city. I now have an Nvidia Quadro FX1800 and it too can get choppy if I push to much on to it. May this be you issue?

I used SimEd gen.2 to get the track componants some parts came with tex.'s some did not,such as the ground tex.'s,they were just a large dark gray obj.. So I found a dirt tex. to cover it. the reason I think as for the grainy look is because it takes a small tex. and stretch's it over a large area like a drum skin thus the look I got for the ground.
That makes lots of sense... totally explains the look of the ground. Wish I could help (even just by reusing some default GTR2 track textures or something if needed for the ground) but I don't know the first thing about texturing and 3DSimEd stuff. Otherwise I'd offer to help out! :)

these tracks tend to have a LOT OF Polygons in them. I had to remove lots and lots of them to get this track just to get it into and to work on my pc.
Yeah, I'm sure they do. There might be a trick in Blender/3DSimEd to use a detailed non-visual track mesh to generate the HAT file for the track and get that nice detailed road surface from AC without huge performance loss because it's not visually rendered at all. I believe Lasercutter did this with his version of Thruxton for rF1. But again, I don't know the first thing about how to actually do this. Lots of knowledgeable people here on RaceDepartment though... maybe they'll know!

As far as the unziping of the files goes,I suggested extracting to a temp. folder then copy to GTR2 folder and let over write,thats how I get files into my game.
Sure! Just to make it easier for next time, I'd suggest folders in this order: GameData\Locations\ACRiverside\ then in ACRiverside put the 4 subfolders and GTR files.

When anybody is gonna convert the Climax or the Patrick Giranthon tracks?
Dunno. First gotta get permission from them, and also from the modders whose work they borrowed from. And frankly, a lot of the original tracks to which Climax or Patrick added texture updates are already available for GTR2 by modders like Neel Jani... so the added value of the AMS tracks (other than nicer textures) wouldn't be very large IMO compared to what's already available for GTR2.

Not to derail this thread though. Let's stay on topic about John's promising Riverside conversion :roflmao:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%