ACC - Traction control (TC) problem ?

Hi !

Here is the problem I have sometimes not only out of corners.
It also happens in 5th gear in full straight on the dry.
I don't know if TC sometimes goes crazy or something else ?
But the TC activation light on the dashboard stays off...
Strange.

Sounded like the clutch is engaging, do you rest your left foot on the clutch pedal after braking, but on the other hand you steering doesen't look like your using a wheel, did you bind the clutch to button maybe and accidently press it?

That's not clutch either, clutch wouldn't cause your revs to drop like that, the engine would scream, it just wouldnt go anywhere fast, thats a throttle problem. I suggest you try a diff controller / or swap peddle configuration to check if the problem remains.

That's not clutch either, clutch woul;dnt cause your revs to drop like that, the engine would scream, it just wouldnt go anywhere fast, thats a throttle problem. I suggest you try a diff controller / or swap peddle configuration to check if the problem remains.
For me it sounds like the clutch is pressed for a short moment and than released again, what would cause the revs to drop and not scream, like you are keeping the clutch pressed.
But if you are sure you are not engaging the clutch by accident, go and try a different Controller, i never experienced such behavior regardless the TC setting.

That's not clutch either, clutch wouldn't cause your revs to drop like that, the engine would scream, it just wouldnt go anywhere fast, thats a throttle problem. I suggest you try a diff controller / or swap peddle configuration to check if the problem remains.
Actually no, it would not scream because in this case clutch is just overpowered not unlocked, the revs rise and the moment engine limiter comes in the loss of power quickly brings revs down to a level of slip that is managable for the clutch.

While it might still be a controller issue, it looks to me as if it's just ACC physics glitch, AC had stuff like that too (where cars could overpower their clutch even when fully locked).

I will try to answer all your comments that sometimes made me laugh :)

- I have Fanatec clubsport v3 pedals and a Thrusmaster T500rs steering wheel.
- So no I do not drive with a Xbox/PS4 controller.
- No, my foot is not on the clutch (and it's not a button on the steering wheel).
- No, there is no understeer at this time.
- I think the TC has gone crazy. BUT I'm not sure because when it triggers normally, the indicator on the dashboard turns on. But it is not the case here...
- On a "49" 3840x1080 screen" in fullscreen, the FOV is just perfect and If you watch the video on smaller screens, I agree it's a little strange ^^
- The length of my arms is correct and there is no back seat on this car :D

Next time, I will try to record it and not use the replay to see the pedal / traction control overlay.

I will try to reproduce this "bug" but the pedal has no problem in my other games: AC, Pcars 1 & 2, Dirt Rally, etc ...

Cheers.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 437 69.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 272 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 290 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 26.9%
Back