AI and WET Tires during the race? Yes, with RFE plugin.

This is probably the main question: do AI come to the pit stop for WET tires if it starts to rain during the race?
I have installed RFE plugin, yes.
As far as I know, the only reason why AI enter in the pits is fuel. If it starts to rain in the middle of the race, then AI at the pit stop will still put on dry tires. AI wear wet tires only if it rains at the start of the race. Is this true?

I am having the same problem. Googling all the time, all I ever find is this forum, or other places where people ask the same thing. I wish I could contact Iñaki (the guy who created RFE). Trying to think of a workaround, will report when I find something.

Yes - jbbrown,
the AI dont change the tyres in a race,
i search since 2013 to a conclusion, without result,
and the creaters from the rfe plugin seems offline.
Its a shame, i havent interest for "modern SIMS-Software or OS, win7 will be my last"

You can use RFE-Tracks and RFE-Mods and edit the script, only use sunny - foggy - "little rain", no monsoon,
and edit the tyre-physic, that the AI can drive well on "little rainy surface",
You as human can change the tyres to intermediate compound for example and try to overhole the AI-Drivers with little better grip.
This is also a "little Challenge".
More support - rainy and changing tyres - are in my opinion GTR2 with the Updates here at racedepartment.
Or you buy all things new and spend money to rfactor 2 ......,
or other software in 2022 (nothing for me)

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 265 34.2%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 214 27.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 64 8.3%
  • At a friends house