Alright when was that again.....?

i've just read an article about hamilton's contract negotiations that he demands to have a say about whos goin to be his teammate... (source , italian autosprint)
doesnt want russel it seems.. if this is true? i barley cant believe what im reading?
given its an italian based source ,this could just as well not be true
But...

if this a fact, hami-hate it is...
i did not hate him over the last years, i think he just had a bit much attitude given his royal situation with mercedes.
Thats not big of a deal , if im multiple champ i would feel great 2 =)
the year Rosberg won the World title he made mistakes by getting under pressure, he's confidence was not that great.
Lately you read about how less mistake's he makes & how great he is at setting up the car, that he grew much stronger after all the years, a true champion... well PROVE IT U DOG.
after some many boring race's were Bottas make's life even easyer for sir-Hami ,
u must admit only having to fear one or 2 cars in a field of 20 and one of those 2 cars the guy behind the wheel is always slower then u , u get pretty confident easely
No one but max can get near that damn mercedes so its not really called racing no more.., more formula mercedes and the rest..

Hamilton now decides to use politics 4 maintaining his royal position. (reminds me of prost)
how dirty is that? the money he makes with it while wrecking the sport even more.
a hamiton-verstappen, hamilton-russel.
the senna-prost days over again. people want things like this.
not the Sir-hamilton is goin to win show...
i also accuse mercedes 4 this infact , they like it the way it is also
a clear no1 driver..
those complicated money munching hybrids made it a money thing more then it ever was before..

is this still racing?

ps
Ayrton Senna Da Silva para sempre

Last edited:
By numbers, he is..

But that starts-to-wins statistic sure does make for interesting reading :whistling:

He's 3rd, higher than Clark, Stewart and Schumacher, but lower than Fangio and Ascari...but then again Hamilton also has as many WDC's as they did combined. Also, I believe it's much harder to get in and stay in a car capable of race wins in the modern era (last 40 years) vs. Fangio/Ascari's time...so again, impossible to make a call on who's the GOAT.

Schumacher, Hamilton, Senna and Fangio are all GOATs of their respective eras.

Fangio was the GOAT in an era where if you crashed, you died.
Senna was the GOAT in an era where cars put out 1450hp and blew up regularly.
Schumacher was the GOAT in an era where engines were screaming loud and cars had TC.
Hamilton is the GOAT in an era where the cars are tech labs on drugs.
Debate over.

better term would be GOTE then, greatest of their era.

Maybe the discussion should shift to the Greatest Of Each Era?

Comparing Juan Manuel Fangio, Stirling Moss, Graham Hill, Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart, Niki Lauda, Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell, Michael Shumacher and Lewis Hamilton to each other is rather an unproductive proposition. The pionneers had zero security measures. The latter are driving tanks that can go through narrow barriers and get out of there reasonably unscathed (i.e. Grosjean 2020).

The pioneers were driving lightweight, poorly balanced cars with narrow grooved tyres. The latter drive lightweight, perfectly balanced cars with large slick tyres.

The list goes on...

I'm not a Lewis fan, but admire his talent and he is deserving of his success and he has earned the Knighthood. Hopefully he'll inspire many future talents and especially ethnic drivers to greatness too, but I do feel the cars/team and lack of consistent challenge has made his dominance look better than it is.

For this generation he would be seen as GOAT (took me a while to work out what we were talking about!! Lol :) ) but I feel with so many past greats, like Senna and Fangio (and many more), with the challenges and danger at the time they were racing, he doesn't get my vote!

Either way, his presence in the sport will endure, just wish he was more likeable, but nobody is perfect!! Lol :D

So the answer seems to be "no he can't be the best F1 driver because he hasn't won in other things completely unrelated to F1"?
I'm sure he's beaten his family at Scrabble, credit where it's due.

Next week : Is Ronnie O'Sullivan the greatest Snooker player of all time?
Answer : No because he's never won at darts!

Well he is the driver with most championships won so he's definitely one of the greatest F1 drivers. But take Maradona: I don't think he is the one who has won most trophies as a football player. I think the same applies to F1: the greatest is the one who has done things that are borderline magic, things that make your heart skip a beat. So in that respect other names come to mind.

Last edited:
From an F1 racing site :

F1 Gossip: Eddie Jordan would show 'replaceable' Lewis Hamilton the door :coffee:

Eddie is an idiot. But he's half right. Half the grid would win the Championship in the Mercedes, which is what overshadows Lewis' achievements in my opinion.
He did little in poorer cars compared to guys like Senna, Schumacher, Clark.
If he was winning titles while battling for wins with a rival(s) then there would be little doubt.

i know i am late but
NO, not even close - titles or racewins dont mean nothing to me, i could win in his car... triggered? :sneaky:

No, you couldn't win his car. You can legitimately argue that Hamilton is the greatest driver of all time (and you may be right) and you can legitimately argue that he isn't currently the best driver on the grid (debatable); but I don't think there is any argument that he's an incredibly talented driver.

Unless you have a decent amount of experience driving and at the very top levels of motorsports; then you aren't winning in an F1 race regardless of who's car you're driving.

Imagine you had a job where you were putting screws into metalwork using an electric screwdriver. Your screwdriver rotates at 700rpm, your workmate's screwdriver rotates at 1000rpm. You've never been allowed to use your workmate's screwdriver. You always put in fewer screws than your workmate despite the fact you work just as hard. Then imagine how you'd feel if your workmate was constantly being told how wonderful he is because he always puts in the most screws, whilst you constantly get told you're just not as good as him.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 31.3%