Altered vehicle performance files!

Most disturbing was an incident on AC public servers the other night on a Monza server I think.

A racer had his car zooming along at twice the normal speed and was cutting the track at several places.

How are these vehicle files being altered to increase performance so much and not be detected by the server for track cutting?

I have not seen anything like this since Sports Car GT which had no check sum abilities except for fixed setup racing.

Cheers.

PH

Last edited:
My understanding is that this almost certainly means that this particular public server didn't have checksums working properly, probably for both the car (since speed was too high) and the track (since cutting was not detected).

If someone joins a server on which the checksums are working correctly then the crucial bits of both the track and the car have to be identical to the version on the server or you get kicked automatically. That's not to say that the game engine is unhackable but I reckon the majority of the dodgy stuff like this in the wild is gonna be edited surfaces and vehicles.

I know that the server logging contains information about checksumming on each new client connection, but I can't remember if the client log files also include it (if they do, I guess you could readily check yours...).

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 67 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 58 29.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 37 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 4 2.0%