AMD Ryzen For Simracing?

I'm not sure (given the fact that it needs a fan to handle the potential extra heat generated as a result of the PCIe 4.0 traffic) the X570 is worth it.
I mean you are paying an absolute premium for not much more in the way of day-to-day performance, while introducing another variable capable of failing (fan).
It may be absolutely vital for a select few but the mainstream probably wouldn't miss the small margin.

Last edited:
Jumped on the bandwagon over black Friday. Picked up a 3700X and some fast b-die to drop into existing Asus Prime X370 pro. Up and running at stock with docp at 3600mhz, no issues so far. Look forward to tuning over the holiday period!

I wonder if I should update the bios then. I cant get rid of the CPU usage warning popping up and freezing the game for a second or so in ACC... I'm running a b450 gaming pro carbon with a 3600x and 3200Mhz Kingston Predator. No other issues in any other software or games.
I'm actually close to performing a reinstall to see if that will sort it. Anyone have any issues like this or know how to resolve it?

Whether a bios update would cure your issue I couldn't say but from experience with first gen Ryzen, it is definitely worth updating from time to time. But with a caveat...

As an example, it is widely known that initially Ryzen had memory compatibility issues with many kits either not working or not reaching rated speeds but after twelve months you were really unlucky if your kit didn't work as prescribed. Overclocking also improved.

I would certainly expect the boost algorithms to improve as time goes on with these 3000 cpu's.

The thing is though, some bios's bring improvements while some are a backward step. The best way to know is either find a thread relating to your motherboard or Ryzen bios's generally. People will quickly report the good and bad.

Good luck with the ACC issue. Hopefully it's an Assetto thing and an update their end brings relief.

I wonder if I should update the bios then. I cant get rid of the CPU usage warning popping up and freezing the game for a second or so in ACC... I'm running a b450 gaming pro carbon with a 3600x and 3200Mhz Kingston Predator. No other issues in any other software or games.
I'm actually close to performing a reinstall to see if that will sort it. Anyone have any issues like this or know how to resolve it?

Just for info I'm running the same mobo as you with a 3600 and Ballistix 3200 RAM (16Gb) and have never seen the issue you explain. Only new to ACC but have about 15 hours on it. Can check which bios I'm on tomorrow if you need that info?

Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Just for info I'm running the same mobo as you with a 3600 and Ballistix 3200 RAM (16Gb) and have never seen the issue you explain. Only new to ACC but have about 15 hours on it. Can check which bios I'm on tomorrow if you need that info?

Hope you manage to get it sorted.
Hi @mitchgixer6 thanks for responding. I have the previous BIOS running at the moment but will look to update the BIOS today and see if it helps.
Failing that, I'm tempted to do a delete and reinstall of ACC and then, failing any improvement I'll perform a complete wipe and reinstall of Windows 10.

Could you confirm what settings you're running in ACC?

Last edited:
Just idea buy cheap 120GB SSD, do fresh W10, Steam and ACC before you overwrite existing OS/Drive

I gather other sims are running okay or is the OS a bit clunky
The cheap SSD is already installed, it's a Kingston 120GB M.2 drive
To be honest, both my Intel 320 and MX300 are faster than it. But I dont think this will have any bearing on the ACC CPU warning message and hanging for a few frames.
My existing OS drive is literally just the OS and most used software. I can wipe and install without losing any data, just a ballache getting it all reconfigured again...
I'll have some time later to test again now that I've updated the BIOS to the current release from MSI, plus I already updated the chipset after your post about it recently.

I'm just wondering...
My RAM is Kingston HyperX Predator 3200Mhz
Part number HX432C16PB3AK2/16
It would appear that, in the compatibility section of the MSI website for the b450 gaming pro carbon, it has it listed as compatible but only for XMP Profile 2, 3000Mhz
I have it set in the BIOS under XMP profile 1 for 3200Mhz
Could this cause an issue?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 28 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 23 7.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.2%