AMS Modding - Tracks (Work in progress)

you guys should not forget that even a "simulation" is still just a game ;) i think some real values are not really needed in a game... a physic should be close to real for sure but things like different engine power because of different track height or air temperature are a bit too off...

I agree with you that to add these things to our sims today would be a bit pointless when big features like dynamic weather and day/night transitions are still missing from some sims. Having said that though track elevation and air density would (I think) be fairly static values apart from maybe for very long circuits so I guess would be easier to include than track surface evolution which is already being done. It would be nice to have the choice though.

Maybe all those roads cars in AC would be a lot less fun to drive if they modelled the brakes properly and they all had terrible brake fade after 2 laps. Maybe that is the real reason they don't include it ;)

winton.201646221840.jpg
Winton is finished. Now I am waiting for the cams from Luigi. Lets wait a bit more ;)

Not sure that something can be done about the shadows: I think it is the same at Kansai (original track). And it is the same in GTR² and rFactor 1, all Gmotor games…
Thanks again Patrick, really happy to have more Aussie tracks! :)

Hey guys i'm wondering how track aiw can be done because yet the only way to do it I found is editing the file with notepad.. Any hints?

Nice Patrick, don't pretty it up too much, it's a bit of a dump in real life lol. Similar to Córdoba. Looking forward to it. Are you using real life signage on the concrete walls etc, need any help with sourcing images etc

Morning all,

Does anyone have a rough guide to Bathurst DRS settings. I have created a championship for F1 2015 mod i've been tinkering with, I followed Patricks guide to adding DRS checkpoints, checked the Trace.txt file in my user log and it makes no mention of DRS points. I was thinking of installing the detection point after the long back straight going down the hill under the bridge before the start line, and then the DRS zone after the front straight on the drag going back up the hill. But like i said, i pressed the DRS button while in game and it just said DRS not available right now and then made no appearance on that trace.txt file when i logged back out. Any ideas? Or is Automobilista different from SCE in regards to installing DRS zones?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 33 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.6%