AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility

Other AMS2 Custom Drivers Utility 2.4.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
i can't for the life of me figure out how, after i've imported a custom ai file, to randomise only the skill stat leaving all the others the same. the randomise button affects all the stats whether they are ticked or not. thanks for any help

i can't for the life of me figure out how, after i've imported a custom ai file, to randomise only the skill stat leaving all the others the same. the randomise button affects all the stats whether they are ticked or not. thanks for any help
Thank you for reaching out. This was not a possible to do in 2.3.0. I have been on a small bughunt for the last two days when users reported that NaMES stopped applying correctly. I decided to add randomizing of specific skill as a small feature for 2.3.1. because I saw your post.

You can now go to Tools, Mass Modify (For ALL drivers) or Custom Modify (For choosing specific drivers, then press the randomize radio button, and choose race skill. Hopefully you will find this useful.

It should look something like this:
1702561997927.png

Last edited:
Please tell me which class are you trying to export?
Mi LuxMundi: Please let me teel you where I put my files, maybe there is something wrong with that.
- I have extracted your program to Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista2
When I put it there I can export the files :).
- I put the XML files in \Automobilista2\UserData\CustomAIDrivers
But then the game don't see them.

Please help :)

Mi LuxMundi: Please let me teel you where I put my files, maybe there is something wrong with that.
- I have extracted your program to Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista2
When I put it there I can export the files :).
- I put the XML files in \Automobilista2\UserData\CustomAIDrivers
But then the game don't see them.

Please help :)
I will be glad to help, can you please attach a file that the game is failing to read so I can diagnose it. Also make sure you don't rename the xml files this tool gives you unless you know what you are doing. Because the game has to know what class you're trying to override.

When I download the AMS2 season 1967 and put the vehicles and CustomAIdrivers in the right place it works. When I use this program to overwrite some drivers, it does not work anymore and AMS2 reset to the base drivers (not even the 1967 ones). What am I doing wrong? The red marked name is the one I want to put my new name in.

Attachments

• Overwrite.png
    Overwrite.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I will be glad to help, can you please attach a file that the game is failing to read so I can diagnose it. Also make sure you don't rename the xml files this tool gives you unless you know what you are doing. Because the game has to know what class you're trying to override.
Thanks mate , I'm a step further now . See my next post as this is my problem I guess :cool:

can you delete sessions? i tried deleting everything from the excel file but when i went back into the logbook it still had the individual lap info. thanks

When I download the AMS2 season 1967 and put the vehicles and CustomAIdrivers in the right place it works. When I use this program to overwrite some drivers, it does not work anymore and AMS2 reset to the base drivers (not even the 1967 ones). What am I doing wrong? The red marked name is the one I want to put my new name in.
This is very strange. I will need you to give me the xml file with the drivers you modified after you export the grid, to try to figure out what is going on.

When Opening any AI file. If any property is not ticked, it means that the creator of the file did not wish to override that value from the baseline. Each driver for whom you tick the checkbox and move the slider that value will now be affecting that driver in game after saving. If you remove the tick, it will no longer affect the driver.
Hi if that's the case when using mass modify or modifying one driver why do I have to go check 300+ boxes of each driver. Especially when using randomize or mass modify why do i have to go check 100's of boxes?

Hi if that's the case when using mass modify or modifying one driver why do I have to go check 300+ boxes of each driver. Especially when using randomize or mass modify why do i have to go check 100's of boxes?
Hello, what are you trying to do that requires you to tick hundreds of checkboxes. That would be very annoying if there is a use case that isn't covered by the default checkbox configuration in the settings? I would like to hear more about your use case.

Hello, what are you trying to do that requires you to tick hundreds of checkboxes. That would be very annoying if there is a use case that isn't covered by the default checkbox configuration in the settings? I would like to hear more about your use case.
Hi great APP btw.

I am adding abilities to the "NAMES" driver lists. None of those list have skills only names.
in order to add skills i have to enable the "override" checkbox and edit the ATTRIBUTE.

even if i ust the "randomize skill" the skills are changes but the skill Ovveride boxes arent checked meaning it uses the default value. So i have to manually check them

This means checking manually each box for each driver.

Hi great APP btw.

I am adding abilities to the "NAMES" driver lists. None of those list have skills only names.
in order to add skills i have to enable the "override" checkbox and edit the ATTRIBUTE.

even if i ust the "randomize skill" the skills are changes but the skill Ovveride boxes arent checked meaning it uses the default value. So i have to manually check them

This means checking manually each box for each driver.
You know that you can generate a grid using NAMeS from within the app using the New Generated Grid option? You can even have all checkboxes checked from the start with all values being set to 0 so you can start with a blank slate by unchecking the "Range of Values" CheckBox. Hopefully you find that helpful, I will try to add a small tool to check all checkboxes for you in the next update, in case you are using any of those NAMeS expansions.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 16

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 401 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 253 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 270 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.9%
Back