Anyone a rift?

I'm going to have to wait and see the comparisons between Vive before shelling out any cash.

But still very excited to be living in the future! :D
Agreed! I think oculus is starting pre-order even before CES launches because they are "afraid" with which "technical breaktrough" HTC and Valve are coming up :rolleyes:
Maybe it's a wireless headset, which would be indeed interesting!

Also price of course makes my decision. Stating that without fb the price would be more than 1000.-!! makes me think it will be much more expensive than thought :thumbsdown:
And Vive with the "breakthrough" even more :sick:
Anyway I'm satisfied with the seated experience of rift :D

I'll wait what Valve is revealing and if that's not thrilling me I'll go for the rift. Only if the price tag is way over 500.- I will struggle :confused:

Also excited when it's shipped because I will wait for the next gen of graphic cards to upgrade...

Agreed! I think oculus is starting pre-order even before CES launches because they are "afraid" with which "technical breaktrough" HTC and Valve are coming up :rolleyes:
Maybe it's a wireless headset, which would be indeed interesting!

Also price of course makes my decision. Stating that without fb the price would be more than 1000.-!! makes me think it will be much more expensive than thought :thumbsdown:
And Vive with the "breakthrough" even more :sick:
Anyway I'm satisfied with the seated experience of rift :D

I'll wait what Valve is revealing and if that's not thrilling me I'll go for the rift. Only if the price tag is way over 500.- I will struggle :confused:

Also excited when it's shipped because I will wait for the next gen of graphic cards to upgrade...
My main concern (aside from the hardware itself) is I'd be much more comfortable supporting Valve and their open-source-everything initiative than I would be supporting Facebook and this locked-down thing Oculus is doing. That alone would make Vive worth a (somewhat) higher price, if that ends up being the case.

With either one though I'm going to have to pinch some pennies to keep up with my goal of upgrading to a flagship Pascal card or AMD if they can put out a WHQL driver that works.

I just don't like the fact that I won't be able to see my wheel buttons while driving.
They should put a camera that lets you see some of the real world in front of you, maybe at the same time as the game. But somehow with an option to turn that internal camera display off and on.
inb4 rift engineers saw the idea in this post.

There's actually a concept called augmented reality that would allow you to see your wheel, hands, etc in game. But it has it's own set of complications, and I doubt we'll see anything worthwhile for some time still.

Last edited:
My main concern (aside from the hardware itself) is I'd be much more comfortable supporting Valve and their open-source-everything initiative than I would be supporting Facebook and this locked-down thing Oculus is doing. That alone would make Vive worth a (somewhat) higher price, if that ends up being the case.

With either one though I'm going to have to pinch some pennies to keep up with my goal of upgrading to a flagship Pascal card or AMD if they can put out a WHQL driver that works.
For me also Valve is more likeable but I also see oculus still as oculus and not as FB...

Vive will also include the controllers and lighthouse! I expect it to be more than 1000 Euro without the upgrade of the PC :confused: ...they will somehow orientate the price on the rift but they always said to bring the "premium VR" :cool:

There's actually a concept called augmented reality that would allow you to see your wheel, hands, etc in game. But it has it's own set of complications, and I doubt we'll see anything worthwhile for some time still.
Look up "Magic Leap" ;)
If I understood correctly they want to project "light fields" directly on the retina :confused:
It´s said they are starting production also "soon" ;)

someone should make a helmet with VR installed :D realism complete
I wouldn't be surprised if that did happen when the 2nd or third generation headsets come out. They're probably going to have to come up with novel ways of selling a 2nd headset to someone.

They should put a camera that lets you see some of the real world in front of you, maybe at the same time as the game. But somehow with an option to turn that internal camera display off and on.
inb4 rift engineers saw the idea in this post.
The vive has a camera in the front from what I can see in pictures.

Augmented reality is Microsoft's baby. I'd expect that if the xbox is getting anything it will be AR.

Woow, I just read that the "technical breakthrough" of the new "Vive Pre" should be the frontfacing camera!!?? :cautious::thumbsdown:
If that holds true I will most likely go for the rift!

For those afraid of not seeing the buttons of their wheels it might be good news!
...but for me it would be totally immersion breaking!:devilish:
I don't have time to look for my buttons anyway while driving :D

The vive looks like it's trying to be all things to all people and beat the rift on features. I don't know if that's the best approach, it means there's more to go wrong.

I think oculus have been very smart and methodical about their development, I get the impression it's going to be a very well designed and practical piece of kit, that will be very good at what it does.

The vive I'm not so sure about, it could be awesome, or it could be rushed. It's hard to tell.

:thumbsdown:
It's really true! HTC says it's great that you don't have too leave the virtual world that often anymore :D
You can talk now to people without taking it off :roflmao:
I can't even imagine my wifes face if she says: "take off that stupid thing when you talk to me" and I say: "...no, I don't have to!" :laugh::laugh:
They're going for the real cracks now I guess :thumbsup::D

:confused::confused:
699 EURO!!
Actually I was already thinking price will be much higher than expected but I was hoping:rolleyes:
That is too much oculus :cool:
Guess I will wait for the first reviews :(
1500 dollar including high end pc? Yes sure :roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play