F1 2011 Anyone Experiencing the Top Teams Retirement Bug on PC?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I am, and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to fix it. Having all the top teams retire before the first pitstops really sucks for my championship.

what exactly do you mean?
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2011-general-discussion-1403/477676-ai-dnfs.html

Screenshots won't help, it's basically the same issue I have from that thread. Almost every car from the top teams (Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren) retires from the race before the first pit stop, usually with tire punctures. I started a new career (100% races) since the patch, and now have this issue.

I was wondering if anyone else encountered it and if they fixed it somehow. I think it might be rare though :(

Everyone I've read who've had this issue was driving the Force India (I am as well). I don't want to jump to any conclusions though.

I also started a new career by selecting it in My F1. That could be it too. I have to check.

Usually there have been no DNFs in my career. I have had all the top teams retire in at least one race in every season. Singapore season 1 (I saw Hamilton hit the wall), Hungary season 2 (there was a pileup of about 5 cars, a Lotus, both Virgins and both Ferraris) and in Monaco season 3, which was the only incident in my career mode that deployed a safety car, though I didn't see the accident or debris from it.

In all those races, all the McLarens, Red Bulls and Ferraris retired.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 402 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 254 43.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 272 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.8%
Back