Anyone know what is wrong with this link? It says "opps Oops! We ran into some problems."

Anyone know what is wrong with this link to the road atlanta track? It says "
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested resource could not be found." Tks

Last edited:
I realize that. Was just trying to gain some insight, like maybe tracks just get taken down, or maybe its a site glitch.
All of Johns mods have been down. Except one. Maybe there is something behind the scenes? Only he can answer that. But yeah, it came as a surprise to me to see that, I understand.

There were a few reasons over the last year or so which put me in a position to remove most of my work. Mosport DDT is available since it was a commissioned project for the public, Road America is also still available since it was a 50% contribution project and it wouldn’t be fair to Kevin to have it removed, nor my call.

Yes it culminated from the whole LFM ordeal, as the original intention from them was to use my work without any permissions or authorization - which technically they could have done - and did so when they used the rFactor2 platform with Mosport and Road Atlanta as part of the calendar (something that became another issue - conversions I’m not properly credit for and somehow lost rightful ownership when it’s still 95% my work)

I won’t go into details of how that conversation with LFM went, but they stand by their decision to use illegal conversions as part of the track repertoire, claiming a grey area exists now and the community is embracing. It’s a fair statement, but I just don’t want any part of this way of thinking.

I also get no “additional exposure” like many think I do. It’s always the online platform that gets the nod. Good for them, but no more contribution from my side to their success. My mods were made for myself to enjoy, and the public got to use them as an added bonus. But when i get the feeling im required to comply with these platforms, or even having to modify my work to fit their requirements - yes, I’ve had to do that too… yeah I’m out.

That attitude towards Mantas’ Goodwood was also another contributing factor. I’ve dealt with similar over the last 5 years… people want to modify your work, add things you never wanted on it… then claim it’s “for the community”. Many don’t realize some of our work took years, it was our hobby. Some of us even get thrown a deadline, like i was getting for the Daytona project. Want the community to have something you think is better, more current? Quicker? Download blender and start your own. Or keep your modified work private… I have changed lots of user made tracks and cars to suit my requirements, and none are public, since I understand the concept of something not being mine.

Sure, don’t agree with my decision, call it a diva attitude, call me names on different social media and forums, make jokes about my stuff showing up on Patreon next, don’t care. I know the proper respect and appreciation will never be truly there, the bad apples and entitled ones are now a majority unfortunately.

Those who truly supported me over the years know who they are, and will continue to get to see what I come up with next. The others better hope what you want shows up on Forza and get decently ripped - but doubtful since it takes extra effort.

There are other great true content creators out there, I suggest you support them, respect them, don’t troll with shitty reviews for a cheap laugh. Goes a long way.

I do have some commissioned work currently underway, so you’ll probably see that hit the downloads section eventually. But that will be the extent of what you see from me.

Modding stopped being fun a while ago. If one day I can properly protect my work, maybe a different RD review system because the current one is flawed, and an overall change in attitude… I’d consider sharing my work again.

See you around the forums and various Discord servers :)

There were a few reasons over the last year or so which put me in a position to remove most of my work. Mosport DDT is available since it was a commissioned project for the public, Road America is also still available since it was a 50% contribution project and it wouldn’t be fair to Kevin to have it removed, nor my call.

Yes it culminated from the whole LFM ordeal, as the original intention from them was to use my work without any permissions or authorization - which technically they could have done - and did so when they used the rFactor2 platform with Mosport and Road Atlanta as part of the calendar (something that became another issue - conversions I’m not properly credit for and somehow lost rightful ownership when it’s still 95% my work)

I won’t go into details of how that conversation with LFM went, but they stand by their decision to use illegal conversions as part of the track repertoire, claiming a grey area exists now and the community is embracing. It’s a fair statement, but I just don’t want any part of this way of thinking.

I also get no “additional exposure” like many think I do. It’s always the online platform that gets the nod. Good for them, but no more contribution from my side to their success. My mods were made for myself to enjoy, and the public got to use them as an added bonus. But when i get the feeling im required to comply with these platforms, or even having to modify my work to fit their requirements - yes, I’ve had to do that too… yeah I’m out.

That attitude towards Mantas’ Goodwood was also another contributing factor. I’ve dealt with similar over the last 5 years… people want to modify your work, add things you never wanted on it… then claim it’s “for the community”. Many don’t realize some of our work took years, it was our hobby. Some of us even get thrown a deadline, like i was getting for the Daytona project. Want the community to have something you think is better, more current? Quicker? Download blender and start your own. Or keep your modified work private… I have changed lots of user made tracks and cars to suit my requirements, and none are public, since I understand the concept of something not being mine.

Sure, don’t agree with my decision, call it a diva attitude, call me names on different social media and forums, make jokes about my stuff showing up on Patreon next, don’t care. I know the proper respect and appreciation will never be truly there, the bad apples and entitled ones are now a majority unfortunately.

Those who truly supported me over the years know who they are, and will continue to get to see what I come up with next. The others better hope what you want shows up on Forza and get decently ripped - but doubtful since it takes extra effort.

There are other great true content creators out there, I suggest you support them, respect them, don’t troll with shitty reviews for a cheap laugh. Goes a long way.

I do have some commissioned work currently underway, so you’ll probably see that hit the downloads section eventually. But that will be the extent of what you see from me.

Modding stopped being fun a while ago. If one day I can properly protect my work, maybe a different RD review system because the current one is flawed, and an overall change in attitude… I’d consider sharing my work again.

See you around the forums and various Discord servers :)
Well Sir, I for one want to thank you for your passion and the hours upon hours (years) of work.

The enjoyment I have gotten because of you and the many other modders whom I can't even begin to list for fear of forgetting someone, is immeasurable.

Thank you very much and I wish you the best. Sincerely.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%