Asetek Forte Base and wheel Odd issue with ACC no weight FFB while stationary

In Acc is your wheel not receiving FFB information when car is stopped.

• Fanatec

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moza

• Simucube

• Thrustmaster

• Logitech

• Don't Care

• Total voters
Hi I received my Asetek Forte Base and wheel last week and was setting it up over the weekend.
My only option for software was the latest 3.0 version and it instantly requested firmware update to the wheel and base)
Found and fixed most of the issues I was having with the wheel setup- (usbc cable did not stay in the back of the base- replaced with a different cable, Automoblista 2 would not see the wheel during setup - You have to set the wheel to minimum travel 180 deg, sharp turn to lock and back to centre to get the wheel to register)

Anyway after testing all weekend setting the wheel up with F1 2024, Iracing, Automoblista 2 and ACC I have found an issue I could not find any forum talking about and that is in ACC (asseto Corsa Competitione) The force feed back will turn off completely when the car is stationary, and restart when the car begins moving again. This is a behaviour I never noticed with my fanatec DD1, and does not occur in the other games. I assumed this might be the setting in race hub for Inertia or friction but adjusting the sliders had no effect.

I would love to try my DD1 again but I am still waiting for a reply from support after the latest firmware updated bricked the unit.

I was wondering if you could replicate this issue with another setup- Just open ACC jump into a hotlap or race and click drive. The wheel will have no weight until the car starts moving, and when you stop the car, the wheel will again have no weight to it. Its not a major issue but I do feel it is a bit of an immersion killer.

A read a post somewhere while researching that said ACC kills all Force Feed Back at speeds below 1kph.. If this is the case then everyone should feel the same effect I am getting. If that is the case then do you know if there is a file somewhere in the game directory that can be adjusted.

I had a response from Asetek- apparently this is a known issue with ACC - at least with Asetek maybe I need to start a poll- They think fanatec maybe just mimicking car forces as for some reason "Kunos, the developer of ACC, has decided that they don't share or "send" that FFB information when the car is still standing. "

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 91 91.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 28.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 33.0%