Asseto Corsa locked at 40FPS (HTC Vive pro 2)

Its not just AC, its every game all of the sudden

Hello everyone,

i recently can't play AC anymore because my PC decided that it only wants to run at 40Fps.

2 Days ago i was playing AC with Graphic mods, Filters and CSP smoothly 120fps but since yesterday it is completly stuck at 40FPS.

I tried everything i could, i reinstalled my Graphics driver, my Windows driver, played around with the Graphics ingame and nothing seams to fix this ****.

I tried removing every graphics mod and lower the resolution to low but it still didnt help.

The funny thing is that its only AC who has this problem.

Hope to find some help here.

Here my specs:

Intel Core i7 13700K

Nvidia RTX 4090

Gskill TridentZ 6600 Mhz

3tb m.2 SSD

Seasonic platinum 1300W

Update: Its not just AC, its every game all of the sudden

Wow. That is bizarre. Is it only in VR, or even when playing on a regular monitor?

The first thing I'd rule out is some nefarious program stealing resources. What does the CPU and GPU utilization look like at idle, and also while gaming?

Hello,

Yea its just in vr.

I tried reinstalling Windows and my frames are now locked at 60fps which is exactly half the Fps set on my vive.

My vive is set to 120fps

Even if i reduce my resolution to the minimum its still locked to 60fps

I'm not all that familiar with the Vive or it's settings & software. I'm wondering if maybe your monitor's refresh rate is interfering with it somehow (like mirroring the Vive to your monitor).

Does your monitor do higher than 60Hz? If yes, maybe check that in the Display Settings (Advanced settings) to see if it affects what's displayed on your Vive.

Example:
1716912106642.png

My monitor ist set to 165hz always,

I tried almost everything that i could think of.

But still no luck.

Its kinda anoying that i cant fix it.

Its frustrating that everything worked a week ago and suddenly i have all these Problems.

My guess is that SteamVR is the problem, but i cant find the fix in the steamvr settings.
Maybe in the folder itself but i dont know anything about that.
Im just sad that i cant play vr because of it.

Hey,
It is the ****ing ASW that is suddenly kicking in.
I can only get 120fps now if i play in 90% Resolution per eye which is ****ing stupid.
Before all this bullshit i could play at 150% per eye with 120fps.
what the **** is that.
Did steam decide not to give me my frames anymore and my rtx 4090 is ****ing useless now??
**** this ****.

Thanks for the help tho

Hey,
It is the ****ing ASW that is suddenly kicking in.
I can only get 120fps now if i play in 90% Resolution per eye which is ****ing stupid.
Before all this bullshit i could play at 150% per eye with 120fps.
what the **** is that.
Did steam decide not to give me my frames anymore and my rtx 4090 is ****ing useless now??
**** this ****.

Thanks for the help tho
AC, 4090 and vive pro 2 as well.
In my case, it was the ‘pixel:%’ ratio that changed in the Vive console, it became higher, as if the GPU had become more powerful.
So I lowered it to 78% to still get 1.5x the headset resolution at 120Hz.

Maybe it's the same for you.

What's your resolution at 90%?

AC, 4090 and vive pro 2 as well.
In my case, it was the ‘pixel:%’ ratio that changed in the Vive console, it became higher, as if the GPU had become more powerful.
So I lowered it to 78% to still get 1.5x the headset resolution at 120Hz.

Maybe it's the same for you.

What's your resolution at 90%?
The per eye in SteamVR

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 278 34.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 228 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 149 18.4%
  • Watch party