Assetto Corsa: 2014 F1 and GP2 mod previews

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
F1ASR F1 2014 04.jpg

Assetto Corsa already comes with a brilliant Formula 1 style car, as a step upgrade to the Lotus Exos T125 customer car, but that doesn't stop the hardcore racing fans from demanding a more up-to-date 2014 version of the pinnacle of openwheeler racing and F1ASR is delivering on that cry from the community.

F1SR modding team, that used to create state of the art mods for rFactor has transformed into F1ASR and with the help of new dedicated enthusiasts aiming to bring to sim racing the best free scratch build community content available.

Besides content for rFactor 2 the team is now also recreating the F1 2014 season complete with all in house 3D designed cars, audio, textures and physics. All content is solely created from the ground up by a team of around 30 artists and modders that have come forward from the sim racing community.

Besides the current F1 season the team has adopted another big challenge in bringing the popular GP2 series to Assetto Corsa as well with a lot of care for miniature details as the mod will come with 13 teams and 26 individual liveries as each driver in the team has a different sponsor package.

Alpha footage of the Ferrari F14T at Imola, work-in-progress

Alpha footage of the GP2 Dallara at Suzuka, work-in-progress

F1ASR F1 2014 01.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 02.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 03.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 05.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 06.jpg F1ASR F1 2014 07.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 01.jpg F1ASR GP2 2014 02.jpg

Assetto Corsa now on sale at the RaceDepartment Store
Grab this PC racing simulator by the horns as we have discounted Assetto Corsa which saves you five Euros compared to the regular Steam price.

Assetto Corsa now sales for an amazing low price of only EUR 29,99 and you can purchase your copy directly from the RaceDepartment Store here.

Community, Mods and More!
For more information on Assetto Corsa make sure to check out the forums, share your favorite videos and photos in the media gallery, download the latest available mods from the resource manager and of course join us online for daily racing action in the racing club.

Taking from the video, the car got good rear-end grip, not much oversteer, but has poor straight line stability.
Is this the GP2 car?
yes the physics are still wip i reinstalled the game again about 2 days ago so no wheel setings so that made it worse but our physics guy is from Mak Corp he was making all new tire model earlier with more grip so hopefully by the weekend we will have maybe a 0.9 alpha ready :)

:D this is gonna be fun...

i dont think AC have implemented DRS yet tho, much less KERS...do you have a plan on that or an eta for when itll be done? i know drs shows up for the t125 but afaik you cant activate it.

This will be the most popular mod when it releases...
It will definitely be one of the most popular and will hopefully entice more people driving high-downforce single-seater cars and thus bring more diversity to our Racing Club.

:D this is gonna be fun...

i dont think AC have implemented DRS yet tho, much less KERS...do you have a plan on that or an eta for when itll be done? i know drs shows up for the t125 but afaik you cant activate it.
The Pagani Huayra ingame does accurately mimic the aero flaps on the front and the rear of the iRL car and they move automaticaly. The DRS is nothing but a moveable flap with a button and should be easier to implement. Right? :rolleyes:

Then the mod will be released? ;)
The GP2 Season should maybe be ready for a release at some point over the weekend but the RD limit is 300mb and the file upto now is 1.5gb and more textures suits faces to add to those files as they are just carrying minimal textures while testing and passing files back and fourth so will be pushing maybe 1.8gb would have been about 2.2gb with the 26 helmets but had 4 different people proimis to make them and was funny that they all had the same excuse kind of lol , If I would have known would have just made them myself but on my 6th person now and have 1 helmet , But if Bram can upload the file himself that would be great but spoke about this to another staff member about 4 months ago and his limit is 300mb too , or maybe I can post the link in here , but seems a little daft posting links for mods for different sites on the largest modding site outhere ;)

• Deleted member 161052

The GP2 Season should maybe be ready for a release at some point over the weekend but the RD limit is 300mb and the file upto now is 1.5gb and more textures suits faces to add to those files as they are just carrying minimal textures while testing and passing files back and fourth so will be pushing maybe 1.8gb would have been about 2.2gb with the 26 helmets but had 4 different people proimis to make them and was funny that they all had the same excuse kind of lol , If I would have known would have just made them myself but on my 6th person now and have 1 helmet , But if Bram can upload the file himself that would be great but spoke about this to another staff member about 4 months ago and his limit is 300mb too , or maybe I can post the link in here , but seems a little daft posting links for mods for different sites on the largest modding site outhere ;)
Then the mod can be split up into parts ;)

What sort of compression are you using? The Corvette DP has 7 4096x4096 skins included and 7zip compresses it to about 70MB total. You do have 3x as many skins but you shouldn't be getting that much more filesize...

What sort of compression are you using? The Corvette DP has 7 4096x4096 skins included and 7zip compresses it to about 70MB total. You do have 3x as many skins but you shouldn't be getting that much more filesize...
Yes I have 26 4096 textures and 26 4096 suits but they will be made to 2048 maybe to not loose to much pixel density ,
But where not creating a zip folder we are creating an execution file so the PSD Template that will be a full 3D PSD will go direct into DEV also the python F1 App and other bits will all be done for you when you launch the EXE ,
This way its done for you and unpacked over standard winrar you can compress them mutch more easily to get about 50-60 % compression but I have never messed with my compression that much , but the EXE over standard compression you get it down another 20% but the zip will still be about 8-900mb its a full season not a car and a few skins ;)

LOL I got sidetracked I came to show you the new custom shadows I just made after 2 of of messing trying to get them where they should be under the tires and body , but there done now and look awesome :whistling:
new shadows.jpg

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • At a friends house