Assetto Corsa Competizione E3 Trailer - Gameplay Footage to Reveal Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The highly anticipated release of Assetto Corsa Competizione gets ever closer - with a new E3 special trailer reveal, and a promise of gameplay footage coming soon!

With the E3 event in America set to kick off in the very near future, Kunos Simulazioni have released the very first trailer for the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation - the official racing title of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series...

Having been announced back in February to much enthusiasm from the sim racing community, this new title is not seen as a sequel to the hugely popular Assetto Corsa game, but more of a branching out by the Italian development team as they look to make use of the much sought after official licence for arguably the best GT3 racing series in the world - the Blancpain GT Series.

Notable as the first game from Kunos to make use of he powerful Unreal 4 engine, including weather and time of day features, the new game certainly looks like it has many of the ingredients to become an instant hit when it releases on Steam Early Access later this year.

As well as the launch trailer, Kunos have also confirmed the simulation will be playable at E3 on the Thrustmaster stand, so expect the next few days to contain some first footage from this highly anticipated racing simulation...

Want to get an idea about what the developers have in store? Catch up on our recent interview with Marco and Stefano below:

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

ACC Trailer.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new trailer? Looking forward to ACC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Too lazy to search through the two videos...Can anyone tell me if it mentions actual physics engine improvements or is it literally, 100% current-day Assetto Corsa physics engine "copy and pasted" into a different graphics engine?

P.S. Obviously there's weather but besides that...
Improved, yes, but mostly based on existing engine.

I somehow feel like a simcade game is more your cup of tea than a full blown simulation environment. Nothing wrong with that, but it would explain why you see AC as the worst sim for you.

Did you read when I say I can drive hours to the limit on other sims without problem? And when I speak about other sims, I speak about rF2, AMS or R3E.
I don't think I could finish 12th at 3 tenths of Rudy van Buren on last rF2 official hotlap challenge without knowing how to catch oversteer.

• Deleted member 197115

The real question is will this support community mods? I could have sworn I heard a while ago that would not be the case sadly.
Not officially, at least not at the beginning, meaning Kunos will not be providing tools and support for that.
But if mods can figure it out, which I assume will not be super hard as UE4 is well documented engine, they won't be stopping modding from happening.

Did you read when I say I can drive hours to the limit on other sims without problem? And when I speak about other sims, I speak about rF2, AMS or R3E.
I don't think I could finish 12th at 3 tenths of Rudy van Buren on last rF2 official hotlap challenge without knowing how to catch oversteer.

Well excuse me then...

In a way you have shown a totally different kind of problem that none of us here will be able to solve for you.

• Deleted member 197115

I wonder if Kunos chosen on purpose that specific car with those specific sponsors :roflmao:
the trailer is perfect for "Gran Turismo Sport" :thumbsup:
Nissan has Gran Turismo and Polyphony Digital livery. The start of the clip says
"We welcome the competition", which then changes to competizione.
Or may be we are reading too much into it and these are just authentic Blancpain sponsored car liveries.

EDIT:
Seems like it is, looks like Kunos stick with authenticity even if it promotes competitive title. :)
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's your opinion, mine is that AC is by far the worse sim for GTs. I can't do a single lap of full attack without spinning. I don't feel, or too late, the loss of grip in the wheel, and the spins are often unpredictable and uncatchable, even the very slow ones (like many unpredictable slow uncatchable random spins on the exit of turn 5 of Red Bull Ring).
I can do full attack and drive to the limit during hours without spinning a single time in all other sims, and if I spin I always know why and why I've not been able to catch it. I just can't do that, not even close, in AC, despite having spent a lot of time to properly setup the FFB.

So I hope they will vastly improve physics and FFB, I would love to have an immersive GT3 experience like in codies F1's, but with sims physics, FFB and features.

Than you have some serious problems man... Assetto Corsa is not one of the best in the physics to be honest and for me the reason is because it is too much forgiving sometimes, you do some stuff that you know it wouldn't work in real life.

The only reason I don't play too much with GTs is because they updated only the tyres of the old models, the sounds and 3dtextures are the same since 2015 in some cars like the M3 GT2 and the 458 GT2.
Also with my t300rs the ffb clipping hit too soon, titles like RF2, Automobilista and RRE take way more advantage of the wheel's potential.

That's your opinion, mine is that AC is by far the worse sim for GTs. I can't do a single lap of full attack without spinning. I don't feel, or too late, the loss of grip in the wheel, and the spins are often unpredictable and uncatchable, even the very slow ones (like many unpredictable slow uncatchable random spins on the exit of turn 5 of Red Bull Ring).
I can do full attack and drive to the limit during hours without spinning a single time in all other sims, and if I spin I always know why and why I've not been able to catch it. I just can't do that, not even close, in AC, despite having spent a lot of time to properly setup the FFB.

So I hope they will vastly improve physics and FFB, I would love to have an immersive GT3 experience like in codies F1's, but with sims physics, FFB and features.
Yes that is my opinion and by the looks of how successful this title has been I'd say I'm not alone thinking it's pretty decent and Kunos' next title could be pretty special.
You are literally the first person I've heard with the issue.
I drive the other Sims too. Have done for years. And I don't have trouble driving any of them. You may want to check your settings as you seem to have something new and weird going on. Or maybe you're just trolling... ;)

I love the fact they chose to show the Nismo Team with the Gran Turismo/Polyphony Digital decals all over the car's livery and their catchphrase with "We Welcome the Competizione".

Well if this is what they intended with that teaser then the gloves must be off.. and Kunos must be very confident with the progress of their next venture..especially seeing how stunning GT Sport looks on a PS4

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 33.3%