Assetto Corsa Competizione: Spa-Francorchamps Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Spa Preview 2.jpg

With release day getting ever closer, Kunos Simulazioni have revealed some preview images from the wonderful Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps that's set to join ACC later this month.

Set to play host to the biggest race of the Blancpain GT Series calendar - the Total 24 Hours of Spa, the legendary Belgian racing circuit is always a favourite amongst fans and drivers alike - and in Assetto Corsa Competizione we are set for one of the best versions of the track in any simulator to date.

Spa Gameplay: Check out the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 video in heavy rain conditions HERE.

With the game heading out of Early Access this May 29th, to help pass the time why not feast your eyes on these beautiful in-game images from one of the most iconic racing venues anywhere in the world...

ACC Spa Preview 1.jpg
ACC Spa Preview 3.jpg
ACC Spa Preview 4.jpg

For more Assetto Corsa Competizione news and discussion, head over to the ACC Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment. If you enjoy online racing yourself, you might enjoy our ACC League and Club Racing forum, a place to take in clean, fair and competitive online racing in this sim.

SRO E-Sport GT Series – Check out the latest news HERE.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I know this is about personal preferences and subjective opinions but... are you sure we are looking at the same screenshots?
Yeah i know opinions differ but i ask the same question all the time in my head. Why people praising the game for the graphics? It's not looks that good.. and don't come with the you sure don't have the game and or run on low settings thing. Because i have the game and played it for like 50 hours and even on high settings im not blown away by what i see.

The cockpit view is lovely, they are so real but outside of the car other things not that much, at least for me.

I know this is about personal preferences and subjective opinions but... are you sure we are looking at the same screenshots?

I'm not agreeing with the comment but I think what he might mean is the way in which the screenshots look so "perfect". It's more of an Unreal Engine issue more than anything else.

The ultimate test of any rendering engine is to look at a render then a real live picture and see the differences.

ACC does look "perfect" in that regard. However that's not a criticism, it's the way the render engine works. It is a superb looking racing sim title though. One of the best for sure.

Having done graphics work in the past on Lightwave, Maya, etc. The human brain is annoyingly good at picking out what doesn't look right! lol :)

Looking forward to the final release though, I've been racing often on the early access version(s) and it's really cool to have a full season simulation for Blancpain GT3.

I'm not agreeing with the comment but I think what he might mean is the way in which the screenshots look so "perfect". It's more of an Unreal Engine issue more than anything else.

The ultimate test of any rendering engine is to look at a render then a real live picture and see the differences.

ACC does look "perfect" in that regard. However that's not a criticism, it's the way the render engine works. It is a superb looking racing sim title though. One of the best for sure.

Having done graphics work in the past on Lightwave, Maya, etc. The human brain is annoyingly good at picking out what doesn't look right! lol :)

Looking forward to the final release though, I've been racing often on the early access version(s) and it's really cool to have a full season simulation for Blancpain GT3.
Yep. Something like that. Can't wait to play the full release though.

Ranking meaning I am rank 652 on the board, I have 651 player to go.
Not exactly I am class D or whatever. The idea of matchmaking is to give incentive for users to compete, any user can compare to any other user rank. It's the minimum, I'm not even mentioning organized/scheduled races. Here, what do you want to compare exactly?
Don't they offer that with the SRO e-Sports component? If you want to know if you are the best, I can't think of a better place than a third-party hosting site that is designed around pro drivers.

Does anyone know if the Steam refund timer resets when a game releases? When I last tried ACC, it was pretty much unplayable. So I don't want to be stuck with a useless paper weight if they don't optimize sufficiently.

Does anyone know if the Steam refund timer resets when a game releases? When I last tried ACC, it was pretty much unplayable. So I don't want to be stuck with a useless paper weight if they don't optimize sufficiently.
what is your specs?for sure garbage cause I don't have any problem even with vr!People using 1060 or 2060 and old i7 then they complain about issues

OR, do what I did. Buy first release and not play it until full release.

Win $$$.

Not sure you can refund a game you have bought months ago. But could work.

BTW, buying a game in Early Access and not participating on it, just because the game is cheaper, IMHO goes against all what Early Access is about. Of course its legit, but also means you are a really cheap person.

OR, do what I did. Buy first release and not play it until full release.

Win $$$.

D9KWv1j.jpg

^ Literally paid like 7$ equivalent for ACC on release 1. That's less than what I paid for most AC DLC. No wonder I'm not as hyper-A N G E R Y about it. To me personally it's a well spent 7$ /if/ it succeeds, if not then it means I made a bad 7$ investment half a year ago, oh the humanity... how am I supposed to recover from this financial tragedy. I did get more than 60 hours of solid playtime out of it, so in my case it is not even that bad. I'm pretty sure I lost more money in the past six months in random socks that keep disappearing around the house than what ACC costed me LOL. I do understand why people that paid full price and got it on the last release are salty though. :p

Is this a "who's cooler" competition?

Cause on the left we have the "I bought ACC at the lowest price and proudly did not play it" and on the right we have "hey we bought ACC cheap and had tons of fun already, can only get better from here and if Kunos doesn't provide then we'll just stick to reacing leagues or RD themselves to organize them for us".

@Koen Verlinde I lock the doors to my room when I'm playing racing sims even though I live alone, just in case that if a burglar ever breaks into my house I wouldn't have to explain to him why a grown ass man is sawing away at a toy wheel in his boxers. So yeah, I don't think I would even qualify for this coolness contest if there ever was one. xD

but also means you are a really cheap person.

Wow, way to assassinate my character. I think I'll let those that know my setup speak for me.

As for the $$$ part, I meant that I bought the game as soon as it was available, for the cheapest LEGITIMATE price, directly designated by Kunos themselves, when the game was available in Early Access. My experience with Assetto Corsa led me to believe that this was a good purchase without even playing the game. Not sure who you are to dictate what the terms of Early Access are. I have a business to run, a household to maintain and a family to take care of. I also actively participate in community league races at least 3 nights out of every week, and have just partaken in and completed a world first, DIY, community driven motion platform project. I also weight train at least 4 mornings every single week and have done so for the past 15 years.

In my spare time, I like to correct imbecilic posts on Race Department.

I'll get to ACC when the time calls for it.

Is this a "who's cooler" competition?

Cause on the left we have the "I bought ACC at the lowest price and proudly did not play it" and on the right we have "hey we bought ACC cheap and had tons of fun already, can only get better from here and if Kunos doesn't provide then we'll just stick to reacing leagues or RD themselves to organize them for us".
don´t forge the middle ! =P the guys like me they heard of a new kunos game and bought it cause ac1 was / is such an faboulas game is quite cheap anyways that the deserve the trust and the 25€ ( i paid that) and i have nearly 200 hours in acc so its a good deal =)

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 126 70.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 23.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 19.1%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 36 20.2%