Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Its here!

We are racing at Silverstone this June 2nd - find out the details HERE.

Ok, I don't really need to say anything else as I've got nothing new to add that you don't already know. Basically this is just somewhere for you all to put your comments, so I'll shut up and let you comment away!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Launch FAQ

ACC V1 Released.jpg

Q: What is Assetto Corsa Competizione?

A: Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series videogame. Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game allows to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA GT3 homologated championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits, reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved.
Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes. To know more about the Blancpain GT Series, please visit https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/

Q: When does Assetto Corsa Competizione launch out of Early Access?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 is available on May 29, 2019, featuring the 2018 Blancpain GT Series. Our development team will continue to support the game in order to include also the full roaster, cars and tracks of the 2019 Season with a FREE additional content coming after Summer 2019.

Q: Which controllers and steering wheels is Assetto Corsa Competizione compatible with?
A: See below a list of supported wheels and devices. In summary, any controller recognised by Windows DirectInput can be used with Assetto Corsa Competizione. If your device is not listed below, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is not compatible with ACC, but it might not be fully supported.

FANATEC
  • Podium Wheel Base DD1, DD2
  • ClubSport Pedals V1, V2, V3
  • ClubSport Shifter (SQ) via Fanatec ClubSport USB Adapter (AO)
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2, Formula, Porsche 918 RSR, Universal Hub for Xbox One ClubSport Wheel Base v1, v2, v2.5
  • CSL Elite Pedals
  • CSL Elite Racing Wheel
  • CSL Elite Wheel Base
  • CSL Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
  • CSL Steering Wheel P1
  • CSL Steering Wheel
  • LOGITECH
  • G25 Racing Wheel
  • G27 Racing Wheel
  • G29 Racing Wheel
  • G920 Racing Wheel
MICROSOFT
  • Official Xbox 360 Wired Pad
  • Official Xbox 360 Wireless Pad
  • Official Xbox One Wireless Pad
  • THRUSTMASTER
  • 599XX EVO 30
  • Sparco® P310
  • F1
  • Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition
  • Ferrari GTE
  • Leather 28 GT
  • T300 RS GT Edition
  • Sparco® R383
  • T3PA Pro pedals
  • T80
  • T150
  • T300 RS
  • T500 RS
  • T500 RS F1 Advanced mode
  • T-GT
  • TH8 RS Shifter
  • TMX Force Feedback
  • TS-PC Racer
  • TS-XW Racer
  • TX
SIMXPERIENCE
  • AccuForce Pro v1,v2
GRANITE DEVICES*
  • SimucCUBE 2 Sport
  • SimuCUBE 2 Pro
  • SimuCUBE 2 Ultimate
*ARGON, IONI and SimuCUBE-based OpenSimWheel systems are also supported

Q: Can I use mouse and keyboard?
A: You can use the mouse to control the user interface and the keyboard for user interface and car control.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have VR support?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione offers support for Oculus Rift (dedicated plug-in) and HTC Vive (Steam VR). Other devices might be compatible but are not officially supported.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione support 4K natively?
A: Yes, and any screen resolution recognized by your OS can be set in game.

Q: Will there ever be a physical edition of Assetto Corsa Competizione available on PC?
A: We have put our full effort towards the digital version of Assetto Corsa Competizione; we may consider a retail version in the future, but it’s not planned yet.

Q: Will Assetto Corsa Competizione ever come to console?
A: We are putting all our efforts into the PC Steam version; a console version is surely under evaluation, but it hasn’t been officially confirmed yet.

Q: When can players expect the free 2019 update?
A: Our production team is already working on it and the release has been scheduled after Summer 2019.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione offer triple monitor support?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione runs on triple screen setups as a single render scene, that is split over three displays. The game features a special projection correction that reduces the lateral distortion that might affect ultrawide screens and triple monitor setups. (It's called Pannini Projection in honor of the ITALIAN painter who invented it in the 18th century - because Italians do it better). This feature can be set in-game in the "view settings" option. We appreciate that some users are requesting three separate renderings in order to tune bezel values and screen angles. Currently, Unreal Engine 4 doesn't support this feature. We'll continue to investigate to see if in future the triple-separate rendering will be supported in a feasible way.

Q: Will I ever be able to mod Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Being developed with UE4, Assetto Corsa Competizione processes data and assets through a completely different structure and file format than the previous Assetto Corsa. Therefore, the game will not be compatible with mod contents created for Assetto Corsa.

Q: Which tracks are available in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: A list of all the official circuits included in the Blancpain GT Series calendar are available at this URL: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/calendar. This also includes also Zolder as part of the 2018 Season.

Q: Which cars are available in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 includes 51 teams, 280 selectable drivers, 14 Manufacturers and the following car models:
  • Porsche 911 (991) GT3 R
  • Porsche 911 (991II) GT3 Cup
  • Mercedes-AMG GT3
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Audi R8 LMS
  • Lamborghini Huracán GT3
  • Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo (2015 Model Year)
  • McLaren 650S GT3
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2015 Model Year)
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018 Model Year)
  • BMW M6 GT3
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2015 Model Year)
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2018 Model Year)
  • Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3
  • Reiter Engineering R-EX GT3
  • Emil Frey Jaguar G3
  • Lexus RC F GT3
  • Honda/Acura NSX GT3
Q: How does multiplayer work in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione offers three types of Multiplayer action:
In the Public Multiplayer, you can join servers run by the community or official Kunos servers. They offer a vast amount of combinations regarding tracks, conditions and race events similar to the Assetto Corsa 1 universe.

To quickly find servers that suit your preferences and skills, you can either use the Quick Join functionality, or select one of the best matches in the highly personalized server list. To improve your experience, you can edit your preferences, so the suggestions may offer you more night or rain races; or add weight to latency or specific tracks.

While the Public Multiplayer will run casual and quick paced races, advanced users may want to use the Competition Servers. They are offer a competitive experience with very serious settings and hour-long races. The corresponding Competition Rating will track your progress and define the Splits in which you can compete on those servers. The requirements are high, so make sure you get an overview about the Ratings in the Main Menu/Driver/Ratings page.

The third section is the support of private leagues. They run their own race organization and series, which for example allows the use of Driver Swaps and adjusted rules. Additionally, we are looking into possibilities to allow leagues to run more than the 30 cars, and offer them the data output and Race Direction tools they need.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have anything in place to ensure clean racing online?
A: The most important part in the comprehensive Rating system is the "Safety Rating (SA)" component. Once unlocked, it will track the virtual Trust and Incidents both in Multiplayer and AI races. Public Servers are set up with different SA requirements, offering different levels of protected racing. Additionally, the Competition Servers run very high SA requirements. To enjoy clean racing in Multiplayer, make sure to keep an eye on your Ratings in the Main Menu/Driver/Ratings page and maximize your Safety Rating.

Q: How many players does Assetto Corsa Competizione support?
A: Players can compete against other 30 opponents in single and multiplayer.

Q: What are the minimum system requirements in order to run Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: The most updated version of minimum and recommended hardware requirements is available at the URL https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/ in the system requirements section.

Q: What are the recommended system requirements in order to run Assetto Corsa Competizione?

A: The most updated version of minimum and recommended hardware requirements is available at the URL https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/ in the system requirements section.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione take advantage of NVIDIA RTX?
A: Currently, Assetto Corsa Competizione does not support ray tracing yet. We continue to work closely with Epic Games and NVIDIA on integration of new technologies to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Q: What resolutions and FPS will Assetto Corsa Competizione run at?
A: Resolution and number of frames depend by your hardware requirements. Assetto Corsa Competizione can match the same resolution recognized by your Operative system, and you can decide to cap the number of visible frames per second. We haven't set any limit on this.

Q: Where can I find support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Where can I submit bugs?
A: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum
Please use the proper forum sections and in case of bug submission, zip and attach the whole "Logs" folder located in your "C:\users*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved" folder (the "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties). In case of crash report, please always zip and attach the whole "Crashes" folder located in the same directory.

Q: What rating has Assetto Corsa Competizione been given?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione content is expected to be Assetto Corsa Competizione is accessible to all ages; for instance, the North American ESRB rating is “E” (standing for “Everyone”).

Assetto Corsa Competizione is out now!

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I solved my issues. Problem seems to be unclean driver deinstallation. I paste and copy my posting formt heir forum. If others can confirm this, it eas an issue in nVidias, not Kunos' responsibility. I am only about this terrible stuttering and performance degradation in VR when moving from 0.7.2 to 1.0, nothing else, I can say nothing about 2D performance. I am back in visuals to the smooth looks of 0.7.2

quote:
As I said yesterday, i had tremendous performance issues with 1.0 where in 0.7.2 everything was fine.

As some may have read somewhere and others maybe not, it is recommended when updating ACC to delete the MyDocuments ACC folder. - I did that, but it did not prevent the drama last night.

Also it is recommended somewhere - I did not read it directly but heard second hand of it - to update the driver for the gfx board. I was on 416.xx, and updated to 430.86 by uninstalling via Windows panel, rebooting, and installing 430.86, rebooting again, et voila. It did nothing for me last night, it all was a mess.

I had just updated the game, not reinstalled it from scratch initially. This morning however, i also reinstalled it from scratch. - The mess was still the same. Curse volume rose to a new level.

I then talked to somebody on the phone, an old former collegue and kind of a buddy, or not buddy, or - well, its complicated, lets leave it to that I got his advise to not follow nVidias own installation rules on their website (they say what I did above: Windows panel etc etc), but to use the DDU tool to uninstall the driver. I thought these times it were out of mode to still use this tool, last time I did must have been WinXP times.

I just uninstalled the 430.86 driver via DDU, and reinstalled it again after a reboot, and rebooted, and went into the sim - GRAPHICS WORK FLAWLESSLY NOW, smooth frames, no stuttering visible at all, menues not stuttering as well, everything is fine.

If you are in VR and am hit by graphics performance apocalypse, it might be a chance to check this way out even if many say it is not necessary and a little bit outdated in Win10 times. For me, it solved what before had turned the sim into a dead body for me. It now is back amongst the living and looks and performs the same - to my eyes at least, in VR - as 0.7.2 .

I can now go into it and start doing what other already were able to do yesterday. The problem seems to have been unclean GFX driver deinstallation. nVidia should know it better - and give better advis eon their website.

If others try this and can confirm success, we owe it then to Kunos to declare them innocent over this one issue that obviously then would be beyond their control and responsibility. Moral of the day: neither use Windows Panel to deinstall graphics drivers, nor install the new one just over the old one (as some people seem to do), but use a dedicated 3rd party tool (DDU) to do a clean install. Just nVidia's recommendation on their website is insufficient: I followed it in the past and was lucky, but this time I got heavily bitten by it.

Now for the best part of ACC, the racing action is close, thrilling and the AI leave more than reasonable racing room without being pushovers (I've included the external view so you can also see that more clearly), they fight back well as you'll see throughout the video. Superb does not do the racing action justice. After much technical fiddling, I've managed to get Oculus VR back to a playable level. Sadly, don't be fooled by the video quality here, that is from the spectator screen and the current in HMD picture quality is far fuzzier. I've included the FPS counter in the top right-hand corner so that you can see for yourselves the game remains locked to 45fps throughout using Oculus ASW which I find great.

This is a single race vs 27 AI and starting last to see how the AI behave. So much fun battling with the AI, even though my efforts to pass the Huracan and Bentley ended in vain as I got way too ambitious at 6.10-6.15ish but did just about catch it! The Huracan was having none of my last corner lunge!

Yes I have been critical of both the VR performance and the way career mode currently works but that is not a contraction with or to take away from the racing action.

All the issues aside, ACC can provide a truly thrilling and realistic feeling race.

• Deleted member 197115

Agree , who the hell drives with that much dampening, just made it so dull and lifeless, it’s not rf2 but it’s way better than AC
I think AC still does things better FFB wise at least on DD wheel. Just my opinion, I know ffb is subjective, at least in AC it makes more sense and helps controlling the car, not fighting with me with occasional what just happened moments.
Also with road effect at 0, it's still one rough and bumpy ride. Pretty harsh on stronger wheels.

Now for the best part of ACC, the racing action is close, thrilling and the AI leave more than reasonable racing room without being pushovers (I've included the external view so you can also see that more clearly), they fight back well as you'll see throughout the video. Superb does not do the racing action justice. After much technical fiddling, I've managed to get Oculus VR back to a playable level. Sadly, don't be fooled by the video quality here, that is from the spectator screen and the current in HMD picture quality is far fuzzier. I've included the FPS counter in the top right-hand corner so that you can see for yourselves the game remains locked to 45fps throughout using Oculus ASW which I find great.

This is a single race vs 27 AI and starting last to see how the AI behave. So much fun battling with the AI, even though my efforts to pass the Huracan and Bentley ended in vain as I got way too ambitious at 6.10-6.15ish but did just about catch it! The Huracan was having none of my last corner lunge!

Yes I have been critical of both the VR performance and the way career mode currently works but that is not a contraction with or to take away from the racing action.

All the issues aside, ACC can provide a truly thrilling and realistic feeling race.
This.^ I finally got my VR to a usuable situation and the driving is actually pretty fantastic. I was up all night trying all the cars and tracks. Once the performance issues get ironed out this will be a great title. Just a heads up, mirror resolution seems to be the fps killer right now. Even on low. With it off i can run with pretty much everything on epic at 90fps with my samsung odyssey+. Obciously driving with no mirrors is silly in a race but at least its something hopefully the devs can look into. Also I have in game ss to 100% and control SS with steamVR. Seems to give a better picture overall..

Hello again.. I'm the only one?..
I have problems with the configuration of my Thrustmaster T300 + Ferrari F1 Wheel.
The game detects the steering wheel in options, but all the FF parameters are at 0.
and all buttons, pedals and steering wheel are unassigned.
In the early access everything was detected ...

Can anybody help me?
Can you tell me all the original force feedback parameters for the t300? Please
Yes. Youll have to re-bind and re-configure everything.

I can not speaking for someone else as myself, but I am surprised to see so much people with problems.
I could not test the game entirely, but so far all is working well for me.
My player and rating are here. I made a test on monza with 26 AI and have the same fps as with 0.7.2. About thé same at spa.
I tested the AMG. Great car.

At first I could not get connected. But I started an offline session and got connected after some time on track. Since then it seems ok.

Last edited:
After some tampering and getting my fov right ,this sim is amaaaaazing,the way Monza looks in different weather is lifelike,the car sounds,incredible,the cars feel great to drive and the cockpits have great readable hud info.

This is the next gen imo.

Love all the rating systems and warnings in multiplayer.

Quick first impressions of v1.0:

I went for a Fresh clean install just to eradicate any potential dodgy goings on, went into Flat Screen to sort Controls & Graphics quickly (no Mouse in VR still!) then quit and back in via Oculus Mode. After a few trial & error laps I tweaked some settings and came to a decent sweet spot on my relatively weak VR PC, can probably squeeze more juice from the settings but that's for another day (same as FFB tweaking which I won't comment on just yet).

I can run 19AI at Brands at a steady 45fps (CV1), a little slow at Race Start but it becomes fairly decent after that but never "RF2/iRacing" smooth, even when alone on track it's nowhere near on Par with those other Sims. That in itself ruins the experience for me as the odd stutters ruin the immersion somewhat, but I'll persevere onwards.

Speaking of AI, they're not great, seemingly an improvement over what was in EA but they still can't defend for toffee and they take some strange lines through corners at times (missing the Apex by meters) yet never lose their pace because of it. More racing to be done with them at other tracks, for now though not overly great.

I tried to have a Race on Flat Screen just to see the Visuals and experience a smoother gameplay, but the only pancakes I like are the edible ones not the screen versions, VR Or Bust!

This is what i call the worst 1.0 release ever and VR is just a no-go at this point. They went from 0.7 back to 0.3 from the performance and it runs horrendous. But even without VR most people are very pissed from this release for countless reasons. I had no problems with the pCars 2 release some while ago and it got dissed here for minor issues. I hope those people do the same with this worst release of all times accordingly!
I actually quite enjoy this game now I thought AC1 was a mess when that released.

Sorry If I ask mate but... Exactly how?? I'm asking because I've the new Oculus D and I'm pretty newbie at VR.. I've read here and there about this ASW.. Something like to press CTRL and np1 to disable it and us ATW etc...is it intending to run in automatic (ASW i mean) right?

Yes as far as I'm aware (I'm on CV1) ASW should be running automatically unless you've made any setting changes in Oculus Tray Tool or similar to prevent it. You'll know if the FPS drops below 45 as the vR image will jump and stutter (it does this for a frame or two on starting up the video capture for example).

I have a decent i9/1080Ti system and haven't seen any settings where the game will hold 90fps to run without ASW, maybe with a 2080Ti but I'm not sure that would either.

Yes as far as I'm aware (I'm on CV1) ASW should be running automatically unless you've made any setting changes in Oculus Tray Tool or similar to prevent it. You'll know if the FPS drops below 45 as the vR image will jump and stutter (it does this for a frame or two on starting up the video capture for example).

I have a decent i9/1080Ti system and haven't seen any settings where the game will hold 90fps to run without ASW, maybe with a 2080Ti but I'm not sure that would either.
Thnx a lot, yeah I've a 2080ti and I'm pretty (un) impressed how my rig can barely catch 60fps on 4K native flat screen.. I mean, it's not a problem lowering some detail but... Can't figure out how other games (like open world, fps etc) with more stuff to move are 60fps rock solid and this game doesn't...every time I watch a replay fps goes below 30...i don't neither want to mention the rain... But let's wait and see

For me the good outweighs the bad significantly at the moment.
The cars feel fantastic and the tracks look beautiful. Night and rain even though are not situations in which i'd normally drive, they are like nothing I've experienced in any other sim.
Random and variable weather, mandatory pit stops, pit windows, limited tyre sets and race weekend customization just adds to the immersion.
Hoping for more performance optimizations, it was already working better in 0.7.2 as mentioned.
AI is still not the best, nor I think it will ever be but it's good enough.....it could only get better.....I hope.
After getting some insight of what Career mode is from some guys in here it sounds pretty dull but championship mode is really all I need.
I personally haven't had any game crashes yet but I'd expect all these small bugs getting fixed soon.

As a true GT and Blancpain fan I'm very pleased atm. Thank you Kunos :thumbsup:

I monkeyed around with my volume sliders and now get much better sound in the car. I think that people need to spend some time with the game and the settings before proclaiming the entire enterprise a bust. I haven't tried a 3h or 6h even yet, so I am hoping we all don't run out of gas as has been the case in the past - first pit stop everyone gets fuel, second pit-stop controls are locked, but fuel level does not change. Ultimately everyone including AI runs out of gas out on track. I will also say that I have had to dial back my CSW in all cars but especially the Bentley (which kind of makes sense). Hot Fix Requests: Pit Crew and more communication from the engineer on strategy and positioning.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 513 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 317 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 337 45.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 167 22.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 201 26.9%
Back