Assetto Corsa: First Release Available on Steam Soon

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: First Release Available on Steam Soon

Kunos Simulazioni just revealed a press release containing information that a release of Assetto Corsa is imminent. Because of some issues the company had to change their strategy but the job will be completed soon.

Assetto Corsa will be available on Steam Early Access very, very soon. The game will cost 34,99 Eur (allowing to save 22% of the retail price!) and will give you access to the beta version, including its updates, plus the final version.

The latest news is that we have...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

I see lots of complaints not just here but all over the internet since this announcement. I for one am happy and excited we will finally see AC.

Let's assume they went with their original plan, this is how I see it...

1. Pay for pre order
2. Wait
3. Receive full game

OR

1. Pay for early access (same as pre order)
2. Not wait, but play AC with its limited content and features and master all 11 cars
3. Receive full game

I know which one I would choose. It's the same thing, but rather than waiting, at least we get to play it. We will have 11 cars to play with. I'd rather do that then just wait. Plus we get updates every 2 weeks.

This is obviously another strategy to get around the whole pre order delay. It's a fantastic solution. Thank you Kunos.

it's only a fantastic solution to the pre-order issue IF they pull out a really usable product by Xmas, if not it will look more like they were rejected to sell pre-orders because they could not nail down a reasonable launch date, and now have given us a shoddy beta that will perhaps be usable online, etc, when, february/march? They clearly want to monetize AC now, not later, this isn't being done just to bring it to us early.

It all depends on how this pans out. If the beta comes out Mid to end of November and by the end of December, early Jan we have multiplayer plugged in and some more content, without too many bugs, then we did get something extra here above and beyond what kunos wanted us to think we were going to get. But if this doesn't happen and three months from now we are still hotlapping, you surely cannot say much of this was "fantastic".

As said, i'm worried about the state of AC because of this announcement, i just hope it turns out to be unfounded. Don't forget, kunos have stated major confidence that the game was almost finished and we'd get it before the year ended, so let's judge what is happening from this. In that context, this beta announcement is completely out of the blue and a bit worrying.

James Woods, I wasn't necessarily replying to your post above and I don't want to start any arguments, but I do just want to say this is a small development team. If they didn't have a reasonable launch date, so be it. I don't look at Kunos like I would look at EA. They are trying their best and probably ran into some problems which I can understand. Without saying, sorry fans, you will have to wait even longer, I am happy to play a "shoddy" beta. I SERIOUSLY doubt we will still be hotlapping three months from now. They did say they will update the game every 2 weeks.

You can never satisfy all customers as I have learned in my line of work but hopefully it all works out, and have some faith in the team! They are tiny compared to other studios.

I say this as an overal idea and its not directly reply to the posts above.
So far,as many people say,there were many delays and such,and i can understand someone frustration over this.Feeling a bit cheated in trust and building their point of view on that shatered trust in the product and team,leading to all sort of scenario.
The truth is always in the middle but instead of going on the pessimist road wich can be a verry slippery slope,i chose to be positive since its the only way for the me to be free of finding all sort of "bad endings" on the matter.
Being positive its healthy in first place and secondly there is far more things to do IRL than get upset on a game that is build to bring you joy in the end.

James Woods, I wasn't necessarily replying to your post above and I don't want to start any arguments, but I do just want to say this is a small development team. If they didn't have a reasonable launch date, so be it. I don't look at Kunos like I would look at EA. They are trying their best and probably ran into some problems which I can understand. Without saying, sorry fans, you will have to wait even longer, I am happy to play a "shoddy" beta. I SERIOUSLY doubt we will still be hotlapping three months from now. They did say they will update the game every 2 weeks.

You can never satisfy all customers as I have learned in my line of work but hopefully it all works out, and have some faith in the team! They are tiny compared to other studios.
wouldn't start an argument, especially over this subject where it's all guess work anyway :) I'm seriously looking forward to it (not the beta until it has MP). Just can see how kunos did damage control, and it's not really appreciated and i wanted to air that opinion. But of course, i'm hoping for the best like the rest of us are and can't wait to get in an F40 around imola (drool).

I see lots of complaints not just here but all over the internet since this announcement. I for one am happy and excited we will finally see AC.

Let's assume they went with their original plan, this is how I see it...

1. Pay for pre order
2. Wait
3. Receive full game

OR

1. Pay for early access (same as pre order)
2. Not wait, but play AC with its limited content and features and master all 11 cars
3. Receive full game

I know which one I would choose. It's the same thing, but rather than waiting, at least we get to play it. We will have 11 cars to play with. I'd rather do that then just wait. Plus we get updates every 2 weeks.

This is obviously another strategy to get around the whole pre order delay. It's a fantastic solution. Thank you Kunos.

On paper it looks good, no problem with that. But in real world it would be like that (small corrections added):
1. Pay for pre order (knowing the release date, beacuse they wouldn't take the money without telling when it's going to be released, nobody would buy it)
2. Wait
3. Receive full game

OR

1. Pay for early access (same as pre order but you don't know the release date)
3. Receive full game (God knows when, because they can push the date because they gave you beta, so it's justified)

I've seen this not long ago with another simmaker.

It will come out in November 11th for sure. You know why? Eleven was my real life racing number and it is also in virtual world (whenever I can pick it), so be sure, two times 11 is release date fot Assetto Corsa beta.

Well, that`s my first post with such matters and I hope you know, I am just joking :).

9kOT7.gif

Go!! Go!! Go!!

Last edited:
As Assetto Corsa is a self-published game there will be no none-Steam release for the foreseeable future.

Might change if there is a publisher jumping in of course. But if you look at netKar you'll see that took years.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 94 91.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 35 34.0%