News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

thank you for the video! I have never seen it. One of my fav cars of all time, maybe the no 1... it was part of the netKar Namie lineup. I was at the Ferrari museum the some weeks ago and she was there.. I was in awe.
Sadly, I can confirm it wont be in AC :( . Let's hope in some modders :)

Thanks for your honest feedback, Kunos ;)

Still I cannot understand the product management strategy at Ferrari:
All their cars are available in the latest Test Drive that I did not have to buy to know that the experience is nothing like driving the actual thing.
How cannot they see that their products will be treated with infinitely more respect in AC ?

C'mon, how many people in this world have ever driven a 250 GTO ? Doesn't the rest of mankind somehow deserve to know how it feels like ?:cry:

Thanks for your honest feedback, Kunos ;)

Still I cannot understand the product management strategy at Ferrari:
All their cars are available in the latest Test Drive that I did not have to buy to know that the experience is nothing like driving the actual thing.
How cannot they see that their products will be treated with infinitely more respect in AC ?

C'mon, how many people in this world have ever driven a 250 GTO ? Doesn't the rest of mankind somehow deserve to know how it feels like ?:cry:

It's probably all about money and marketing (i.e. EA holding the Porsche license for over 10 years:mad:), as far as I know, Turn10 has the exclusivity rights to the Ferrari license but I think I remember reading they aren't dicks about it like EA and let other people use the license, like Atari in this case. I think the manufacturers are more interested that their cars will be in a popular game than a good game (add to that that the Test Drive game has Ferraris only, that certainly makes the license easier to get) and also more interested that their car will have unrealistic physics (in this case easy to drive with) that makes the teens want these cars when they grow up (and then you get those hilarious (or sad) situations where the rich guy gets a Ferrari as birthday present and the first thing he does is to smash it on the first wall he finds). Such is life. :(

God no, that would certainly be the worst thing to happen to Kunos and AC, publishers don't give a damn about quality, all they car is how much money they will get in the end of the day.

Also in most cases, publisher = bye bye mods.

Of course publishers give a damn about quality. Quality = sales.

And I can't think of a racing sim publisher who has actively stopped modding.

GP2, GP3, GP4, GPL, NASCAR Racing 2003, F1C, GTR2 all had publishers and lots of mods.

And some self-published sims have stopped mods, primarily because mods are a very mixed blessing when it comes to on-line racing, and these titles are all about on-line racing.

LFS, iRacing - no publisher - no mods.

A publisher can play two roles. They can fund development of a game and then distribute it. When they do this of course they have influence on the design of the game and its development post release.

Alternatively they can distribute a game which has already been developed. In this case they should have no influence on development. Since Kunos have funded development of AC presumably this is the only possible scenario. Isn't NetKar Pro being distributed by a publisher now?

In the past, having a game in a box available in shops was key to achieving significant sales. With the decline of PC gaming in game stores and supermarkets it is quite likely that niche PC titles like racing sims won't be stocked, so I do wonder how important a publisher would be to AC. But I am speaking from a UK perspective. In Europe, PC gaming is much higher profile, and a publisher could still be a good thing.

Hmm... As far as I know, today a great part of PC game sales are done digitally, from the likes of Steam and Origin. I read somewhere that over 50% of digital game sales are done through Steam. If anything, AC being available on Steam would boost it's sales(and popularity), since I do know people who don't buy games if they aren't on Steam.

If the publisher JUST publishes the game then it's ok, I think what I meant in my previous post is that when money gets in the way of creativity, all is lost. And following your example, Project CARS is being developed without a real publisher but it feels exactly the same as if it had one.

Of course publishers give a damn about quality. Quality = sales.

Depends of publisher, I'm working in video game industry for 15 years, and that statement make me laughter.

Publishers only wants money, and some of them think that the sooner the product is out the more money they'll get, = Very Bad quality = bad sales = they will want to do the next product even more quicky.

Hoppefully most of them are smarter than that , but Atari weren't.

Moreover, they want money, so they want to sales the highest number of copy possible, and most of the time to achieve that they'll want to please the most number of people, meaning they will force the developers to do a more casual game.

For most games it will be ok, that the most people can play the game, that the game is not too difficult etc.

But for a simulation as real as possible, this is not something we want. And please, don't tell me that Forza4 or GT5 are real simulation. :)

IMHO Publisher would not be a good news for AC.

One idea..(maybe it was said before):
If its possible to have an option when hosting a server to make setups lock.Lets say for example lock the default setup and leave options like brakes/fuel on.
I believe it will help a lot the online racing and people who dont know to make setups will jump in server and race instantly.

baloche I dont know but if we still didnt get the tech-demo,i dont see this year for having the full version..i know it sucks :mad: :p

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%