AC Cupra/Audi TT Cup Challenge@Bathurst, Tue 28th May 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Club Staff
Premium
__custom_showroom_1712732388.jpg

Kaan_Onder_in_2015_at_Hockenheim_Race_2.jpg
Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Some more modern machinery this time as their doesn't seem much interest in the classics!

After a bit of discussion we've now got a Audi TT Cup/Cupra race-off. The Cupra is probably the fastest - but not by much. The Audi in the hands of an alien might just be a match for some of the Cupra. Anyway, lets find out...

There is a great skin pack for the TT so be sure to load that up.

Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_cup_ks_monza66_5-8-120-23-46-48.gif

This week we're going to the magnificent Bathurst in Australia.

Practice 50 mins, quali 15 mins and two 25 min races - so it shouldn't take up all your evening. Note reverse grid for the second race.

1200px-Mount_Panorama_street_racing_circuit_in_Australia.svg.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: RaceDepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 18:00 UTC, 19:00 BST, 20:00 CUET | 50 minutes - Official Practice
  • 18:55 UTC, 19:55 BST, 20:55 CUET | 15 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:15 UTC, 20:15 BST, 21:15 CUET | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 19:45 UTC, 20:45 BST, 21:55 CUET | 25 minutes - Race 2 - Reverse grid of race 1
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car:
  • Track: Bathurst
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: No.
Useful Links:
Entry list:
Practice on Server 3 is up

Last edited:
Hi Colin,

The TT Cup car is slower than the Cupra and would probably need to be in a different class. I know as I have been playing with the idea of a Britcar/VLN type of race with several different cars divided probably into two groups. I hope to bring this to life later in June once I have had a good look at the testing done so far.

But the Audi TT Cup is a good car to run in a race on its own. I was at Snetterton last weekend IRL and the TT Cup racing there was very competitive.

I would be happy to compete against the Cupra in the tt cup. :)

if you wanted to attract the ones that prefer the Cupra

Last edited:
Read Carsten comment about a preference for a Cupra, just saying it would not bother me to race against a Cupra, in the tt cup

Not much in it. The Cupra has a higher top speed and my times were within a few tenths without the TT's p2p.

Last edited:
How did Australian racing driver K.T. Perry put it:

"I kissed a wall and I didn´t like it" :speechless:

For me there´s about 5sec difference between the two in favor of the Cupra.

Methodology:

I turned laps and tweaked setups until I got three consecutive laps into 5/10, then changed cars.

BTHHRST Cupra TTCup.PNG

And in the name of Walter Röhrl and Colin Mcray, I cannot understand how someone can like the TT.
It´s like a dementor sucking the joy out of life, especially with the numb steering and the lazy engine.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Porsche

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • McLaren

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Toyota

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 12 15.4%